Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

2018 XDS Turbo R Tune

5K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  jacksand 
i just got an aftermarket assassins stage 1 and 2 and am happy with them. i didnt do any clutching but know it could benefit, even stock as hollywood and others say. flashing and ripping are slick and easy to do. i actually flipped it back for last weekend when i knew i was just going to be putting around with my dog up on the rear rack and didnt need the extra.

it is definitely a seat of the pants feel at 17-18psi of boost.

steve

Reactions: Ledfoot
You’ll find some negative feedback on AA tunes having to aggressive of a throttle map. More of an on/off 2-stroke feel. Many prefer a smoother (more linear) throttle map which is what you’ll get with Whalen.
i dont have that with my x3, it is super smooth still on stage 2 but my defender is that way from AA. It really jumps quickly when you get on the throttle.

steve

its not that bad to where it causes trouble on the defender, its not that fast to start with lol. I just put it in work or eco mode when i am loading, driving slow, or just cruising around. its great to have the different modes, they do make a difference on them. when i want to get after it a little more, normal mode is the most aggressive throttle map. its not a make or break sort of deal on the defender, i just notice it.

steve

just want to clarify- my x3 is as smooth as my stock tunes in both stage 1 and 2 for the AA.

steve

I'm not sure, it's odd for sure.

On FB, there was someone who said they use other people's tunes. Anyone that can confirm or deny that? The website certainly doesn't sound that way.

Either way, they are only an hour and a half from my house so if I had trouble with anything, I wasn't going to hesitate to take a trip. That was a main deciding factor along with getting 2 pv3s to go with both machines.

Steve

Based on the fact that your driving this tune , that’s valuable info. Thanks.

Now I just need to know if the Whalen Tune is really all the HP they claim. There really is a big difference in the published power output.

Has anyone driven the AA tune and then switched to the Whalen tune and noticed a difference? Alternatively, has anyone driven the model machine and experienced both tunes and can offer a comparison? I think that is the deciding factor at this point.
maybe thats why the AA feels better for me, i run mine in eco until im ready to rip then flip it over to sport.

steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.