Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
In my opinion 15" GC is for the 72" models, the 64" models should stay down at 12 to 13"
jmtcw...
I don't know that I have seen a different setting for the 72 vs 64 but I bet you're right. There should be a difference.

I guess people have been so focused on ride height being the most important setting that center of gravity was over looked.

I think guys are going to have to consider how they and where they rode and adjust accordingly.

Once size fits all likely doesn't work. Tim

Reactions: MN Mav

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm glad I posted this as I've got some good advice and reassurance that it's not just my X3 doing this. In hindsight I should have never mentioned donut, as way too many people focused on that one word, and didn't read the whole post or the context of it, including this is my 3rd Maverick and it just started doing the 2 wheel thing. Guess I'll have to lower it or adjust my driving, I'm going to try the compression first though.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Maybe post up some pics of your ride so we can see how it sits.

Only time Ive had a tire come up on me was the inside rear when I had the front sway dis-connected. I’m at 16” GC on 32s but am also a little wider than stock at 68ish”

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
My Skats are on 5+2 wheels and dirt tires on 4+3. Sand for me is higher speed and I always run with both sway bars connected.

I havent really experienced the negative handling characteristics a lot of the RS guys talk about when adding offset.

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Mike what am I missing? Isn't that just one inch off stock? Tim
On the DS it might not be a big deal. On the RS it makes a difference. Ask me how I know. #teambumpsteer#jackhammerfeedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
If you are still running stock Big Horn tires make sure you keep air pressure up, particularly on the older 6 ply tires. Big Horns are very soft and the sidewall will roll over when driven aggressively with low air pressure.

·
Vendor
654 Posts
Why?
Interesting contribution from someone who is a allegedly a handling expert.

Tim

Tim

is fun sarcasm new to you Tim??

1–driving abilities and experience are a big piece of the pie!
2–suspension set up is another big pie piece! But everyone has their own “different” opinion on this one.
3–Tires and pressures used is yet another piece. Everyone has their own opinion again here!

The further out of whack a car is set up Suspension wise, just makes it that much harder for the driver to learn the true limits of the car.

This issue can get talked about for ever?! Everyone and thier mother has a different Suspension set up recipe they feel works best.
How many different tire types and sizes are available now?? To many to count.
How different is the terrain around the world?? What about driver experience levels??

There is NOT a simple one answer fits all here.

I prefer dancing “with” the car, not fighting the car. It’s up to the owner to set up thier personal car to for their own personal dance! And learn and experience through practice with a dance partner car that is set up optimumly to fit the owners needs.

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
is fun sarcasm new to you Tim??

1–driving abilities and experience are a big piece of the pie!
2–suspension set up is another big pie piece! But everyone has their own “different” opinion on this one.
3–Tires and pressures used is yet another piece. Everyone has their own opinion again here!

The further out of whack a car is set up Suspension wise, just makes it that much harder for the driver to learn the true limits of the car.

This issue can get talked about for ever?! Everyone and thier mother has a different Suspension set up recipe they feel works best.
How many different tire types and sizes are available now?? To many to count.
How different is the terrain around the world?? What about driver experience levels??

There is NOT a simple one answer fits all here.

I prefer dancing “with” the car, not fighting the car. It’s up to the owner to set up thier personal car to for their own personal dance! And learn and experience through practice with a dance partner car that is set up optimumly to fit the owners needs.

Let me tell you what's not new....

You being sarcastic and condescending.

The guy who tries to paint himself as the handling expert responding with sarcasm is par for the course with you.

Tim

Reactions: jacksand

·
Vendor
654 Posts
Let me tell you what's not new....

You being sarcastic and condescending.

The guy who tries to paint himself as the handling expert responding with sarcasm is par for the course with you.

Tim
thanks for the laugh Tim!
I don’t need or try to paint myself as anything. The amount of suspension work i Get and Cars given me to tune is the real paint on the wall.
So don’t be such a hater?!
Sorry if Your one of those guys that loves to pull the “Feelings” card. Lol.
Have great day. I sure am!!

·
Premium Member
8,542 Posts
thanks for the laugh Tim!
I don’t need or try to paint myself as anything. The amount of suspension work i Get and Cars given me to tune is the real paint on the wall.
So don’t be such a hater?!
Sorry if Your one of those guys that loves to pull the “Feelings” card. Lol.
Have great day. I sure am!!
Glad to hear you dont try and paint yourself the handling expert, at least you're being honest about that.

Tim

Reactions: Scott F

·
Vendor
654 Posts
And just to reiterate on my post above about car and driving experience. This is about simple experience with any car!! Anyone can be a great driver of fast road cars for instance. But Off Road cars can handle quite a bit differently and driving adjustment need to be made. Everyone must adjustment to a NEW car they may have newly acquired. Myself included.

For example,
Last week, I pulled a 40 something age guy out of his brand new 2018 corvette that he stuffed between a tree and block wall!
He had just purshased the car, he thought he could handle the car pushing its performance a bit! Oops! He was pretty much unhurt, accept for his pride.

Guy had tons of driving experience, but none with a car with 500 plus horsepower with its handling characteristics. He just needed more time behind the wheel before he pushed himself and the car limits. This is basic!! The better a driver gets with his or hers X3, means the lesser chance of a mistake? And given a higher level of confident driving, and car control, there won’t be any worries about donut rollovers. Know the machine, and know yourself.

We have new X3 owners here that had no car before, or came from rhinos or rzr800 or any lesser performance car than the higher performance X3. So, YA! It can be a big jump! It’s up to the owner to take the time needed to learn and get comfortabe and with the limits of ANY new ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn't hit the brakes, and it wasn't a full donut, like I said I was just going to whip it around a little in a clearing on gravel and as I mentioned I've done it many times with my previous Mavs and this one too. Just wondering if I can adjust this tippiness out of it, without losing to much GC.
I rolled a 64" rental unit on its side by doing a half donut and not having enough wheel spin when I was still in the turn. The key is having enough wheel spin and straightening out BEFORE letting off the gas. Or just dont drift...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts