Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
crack psi or the spring psi and is the lowest setting for boost
to get boost above the crack/spring psi you use the WG Solenoid (boost controller)
to bleed off boost psi from the reference line. typically you can only get a little over x2 the crack psi as max boost because the boost controller just cant bleed off enough boost
if you can not make more boost than your crack/spring psi, then your solenoid/boost controller is not working

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I installed the 2020 rr turbo. I reinstalled the x85 tune. Same thing waste is set at 16 to get 22 psi. It feels faster. It spools up quick. But the waste gate is set at 16. Now I have a 2018 turbo for sale. Lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I have had bad luck with multiple waste gate actuators. I did have decent luck with one the Vivid racing sells. I was in a pinch a d drove my ass over one day since they are not far away and it worked perfect. The thing is stout as hell. Try one of those for $100.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I wish I knew that before I bought a new one from evo. I'll check out vivid racing

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
crack psi or the spring psi and is the lowest setting for boost
to get boost above the crack/spring psi you use the WG Solenoid (boost controller)
to bleed off boost psi from the reference line. typically you can only get a little over x2 the crack psi as max boost because the boost controller just cant bleed off enough boost
if you can not make more boost than your crack/spring psi, then your solenoid/boost controller is not working

I am making more boost then my crack pressure. But I have to set it higher then what evo says to set it at for stage 5 tune. They want the crack pressure to be at 11 i have to set it at 16 to boost 22

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
the oem actuators are cheap junk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
the actuator was the first thing that i changed its new from evo and all the hose were replaces and the solenoid was replace with a new one. I think ive changed every part i could think of and its still the same. 16 psi crack pressure and to boost 22 psi

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
IMO using oem actuator your settings look normal to get to 22
most people just set it at 11 and dont check actual boost

·
Vendor
777 Posts
I'm using evos actuator. Will it make a difference if I get a actuator with a stronger spring? Is it fine if I ride it like this?

With the crack pressure at 16, it is probably over boosting, I would not recommend running it at that pressure

Fred, sent you a PM with some more details as well

·
Vendor
777 Posts
Crack pressure at 11 psi. I am only boosting 16 psi. Do I need to get a different waste gate actuator?
Did the 2020 turbo you're running come with the waste gate actuator? If it did, I doubt that the actuator would be the problem since it is almost new

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
how are you checking boost?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
are you sure its calibrated for a 2020 map sensor?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
you dont understand...
if the maptunerx is not calibrated for a 20 it will show low boost
22 on the maptunerx could actually be 29psi

Reactions: mgrotel

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Pressure
you dont understand...
if the maptunerx is not calibrated for a 20 it will show low boost
22 on the maptunerx could actually be 29psi

The maptuner doesn't care what kind of turbo it is. It just needs the correct boost and that is controlled by the waste gate actuator

21 - 40 of 48 Posts