Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Maverick XRS with EVO stage 5 X85 tune. I recently switched from stage 5 E85 to stage 5 X85. I adjusted my crack pressure on the waste gate to 11 psi with a Mityvac and I was only boosting 16 psi. I had to turn up the crack pressure to 18 psi to boost 22 psi. I called EVO and they told me that the waste gate actuator might be bad. They sent me a new one. The new one has to be set at 16 psi to boost 22 psi. I called them and told them what was going one. They said that the boost control solenoid might be bad. I order a new one and replace. I also replaced all the hoses 1/4" hose going to the solenoid. I did a boost leak test and fixed what i could find. It builds boost to 22 psi no problem it holds it there are no leaks. It is fast. My concern is that they want the crack pressure to be at 11 psi and I am at 16 psi. EVO said that I have changed every thing they can think off. That the car should be fine leaving it like this. Just want a second opinion on this. I appreciate any help. thanks

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
what can it hurt
the turbo at 22 is more of a problem

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
yep its all the tiny turbo can squeak out

Reactions: warlock

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Also, do you have another vac you could borrow to compare to? As Chris said, 22 is all she wrote on stock turbo anyways

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. I tried a new mityvac. Still the same. I know 22psi is the max on this turbo that is not concern. I concern is that they want the veack pressure at 11 psi. I have to turn it up to 16 psi to boost 22 psi.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
with the crack psi that high I doubt your waist gate can open more than a small crack

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
back/working psi could be as high as 30psi
that creates extra heat
and could spin the turbo too fast, shorting turbo life
its probably fine for racing....

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm getting a deal on a 2020 RR turbo. I'm thinking of getting it. Any thoughts on this turbo on a 2018 xrs. I am going to keep it at stage 5 X85 22psi.

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
I have had bad luck with multiple waste gate actuators. I did have decent luck with one the Vivid racing sells. I was in a pinch a d drove my ass over one day since they are not far away and it worked perfect. The thing is stout as hell. Try one of those for $100.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you try to reset your TPS? If yes, then you might want to Try and put the old E85 tune back and set the WG crack pressure as recommended (10 or 11 psi) and see if it acts normal like it did previously. If normal, then the X85 tune is the culpurt.
I have seen it before.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Damn I got pretty much the same setup and thought crack pressure and boost pressure were the same thing lol. I’m only making 9-10 psi.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts