Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone with a 2018 x3 had gearbox issues i believe our shift fork created the problem and bent causing catastrophic failure BRP will not warrant the gearbox because it has been used for racing.From other reports the 2018 shift forks have been superseded back to the 2017 forks can anyone help

·
Registered
91 Posts
Mine broke with 55 miles on the ODO. Warrantied by CanAm. I've got maybe 250 miles on the machine now and it's been good since. 2018 XRS w/SmartLok.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Just can’t jam it into gear, I’m thinking that’s about the only way to bend a shift fork. If it won’t go, I’ll roll forward or back a foot and try again, mines never shifted between gears easily, and I usually don’t keep pushing if it won’t go. I’ve never had an issue with the transmission other than the wonky shift.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just can’t jam it into gear, I’m thinking that’s about the only way to bend a shift fork. If it won’t go, I’ll roll forward or back a foot and try again, mines never shifted between gears easily, and I usually don’t keep pushing if it won’t go. I’ve never had an issue with the transmission other than the wonky shift.
Not sure, but I definitely never jammed it into gear, and it was just coming off the throttle lightly at about 35 mph when mine grenaded.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
built in mexico....and why it has a warranty

·
Premium Member
10,445 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. How did BRP know it was used for racing? Did you tell them that? Nothing will be warrantied from any manufacturer if it's used for racing. That's why dirt bikes are sold as is, no warranty. It blows up on the first kick after you leave the dealership, oh well.

Reactions: Mr Ted

·
Premium Member
3,630 Posts
I know of one in our group that the shaft broke with around 1000 miles on it. Extended warranty replaced entire transmission and it was down for almost 6 weeks, he just got it back. Had to have proof of maintenance otherwise was good.

I think if you buy a new machine and you are going to race it, they should charge you less as you have no warranty or at least credit the value of the 6 month factory warranty that you wont benefit from that every machine comes with.

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
I’ve heard of 2 or 3 new machines that had some troubles but nothing like the visco gernades

welcometotheforum , sorry about your car x2 on how brp knows its been raced

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know its an old post but.....
I have a 2018 X3 with less than 500 mile and I my gear box is pretty fucked up.
I have to buy a new one since I don't have a warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts