Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on here for over a year ,just became a member . I have gotten a lot of good info and awesome contacts from you guys?. I raced KOH and after, during prep for the next race i found the steering rack loose. the part the tie rods mounts to rolls up and down explaining why it felt shaky on the lake bed at 80 plus mile an hour, wanting to go way faster! looked it up in service manual and it just says to replace the whole rack. Not happening! 750 bucks every time i hit the rocks ,no way! so wondering if anyone has taken apart the rack? or has a exploded view of it? Also thinking about installing a completely different one. I cant find the ratio of the stock one anywhere? I can fabricate, so i figure if i find the right throw,and ratio its better than replacing the stock one all the time! Any help would be great!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Mine did the same. You have to replace the steering rack. It's a somewhat known problem. I believe the '18 racks are better. maybe try an '18 rack...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
SUPER DAVES REBUILDS X3 racks with supper tough bushings to cure this. I believe its $150,00 to have it fixed. They have been doing this even on the older models. A new X3 rack cost $350 from Can Am, or have yours rebuilt with better bushings from Super Daves. I don't work there, I've used them before and they have their act together. Super Daves 724 966 2820.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts