Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I will start my own thread so people can give advice or comments, or correct me if they see something that should be done different for a better experience. I have worked on SXS for 8 years and Can Ams are not new to me, but always stuff to learn and things get better all the time. This build is a 2017 X3 that my buddy recently bought and it broke in Glamis. He brought it to me thinking something simple but only to find the worse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So this will get a new head, all new valves, valve job, camshafts, dynimite turbo kit, head studs, billet intake manifold, block, cp pistons and rods, sb air filter, clutches will be sent to KWI for what ever they recd, belt temp gauge, and what ever he dreams of next. All performance parts will be EVO or sold by EVO other than clutch.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
gonna be bad ass,

What exhaust is he using? Also, are you doing charge tubes and a BOV? I recommend fan and intercooler override switches as well so he can control the fans when he's drag racing or dunning.

·
Premium Member
10,094 Posts
You can't go wrong with KWI, and Kris Werth! Best clutch tuner out there!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should have added, before valve broke buddy was already running evo tune on E85, he has evo exhaust and charge tubes as well.
The override switches is a great idea, nice to have control of that stuff. I will add that to the list, I can make my own harness for that.(y)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone have the launch button, installed one for customer couple months ago but buddy called evo today and they told him it was'nt available to public yet, anyone here of that?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also this car has HCR longtravel and car drives terrible, anyone else seen that, Does anyone recd the shock therapy bump steer kit?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Either shock therapy kit or ct kit. Both are nice products and work well. It’s really just a preference can’t go wrong with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
419 Posts
Anyone have the launch button, installed one for customer couple months ago but buddy called evo today and they told him it was'nt available to public yet, anyone here of that?
Are you talking about just the switch? If so the factory override switch works to control the launch control. You just have to hold it pressed in while applying gas and brake

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well thats good to know.
My buddy called and talked with someone else, got billet intake and cam shafts ordered and they sold him the new 2 step launch switch.
We are now over the budget but build cant stop because of that so just had to raise the budget!:p

1 - 20 of 21 Posts