Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2017 Maverick x3 rs and am looking for an upgrade kit. I cant get one in Australia. Any old stock around and how much?
Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've got the same model but the Max 4 door, best bang for the buck is a Dynojet PV3 tuner.

Lots of vendors for tunes and clutch kits after that. ( they can email you a tune from who ever you choose)

I'm not sure what the conversion to Australia $ is. PV3 here costs around $400.

You're only gaining about 25 HP at the wheels with the OEM kit for $1200 ish.... the 2017 puts down around 125 at the wheels stock, and with a tuner you're up about 155-160 at the wheels. Which puts crank HP up around 170 ish... these are pretty close numbers to what I've read from some of the vendors. Best part is no fuel pump upgrade needed and you can punch out the cat yourself if you want better exhaust flow...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks
ferrett21
Ill look into this or might do some research into how many issues in our model the 2020 models have fixed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Crazy Aussies! No such thing as too much HP in the land Down Under...

Check with Adrenalin Motorsports here in AZ:

If you can find the kits they're being heavily discounted and no where near retail. As suggested you can tune, etc. but if you have your heart set on the Can-Am/BRP kit start there. My local dealer is closed today and tomorrow and I'll check for you on Tuesday, late last year they still had kits and were gonna sell me one for my '17 X3 DS at a HUGE discount...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im going to the dealership today to pick up some parts. They're asking up to $44K AUD $31,530 USD for the RC model here in Australia. A bit more than my 2017 was.

·
Registered
2017 CanAm X3 XRS
88 Posts
Wow I would buy a Slightly used model with accessories installed before I threw down that much coin on a bone stock unit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes its a problem with anything we get from USA, someone in the middle robs us on the way here:oops:. I would love to have access to the aftermarket gear for the price you can get.

·
Registered
2017 CanAm X3 XRS
88 Posts
Yes its a problem with anything we get from USA, someone in the middle robs us on the way here:oops:. I would love to have access to the aftermarket gear for the price you can get.
Well I am willing to help you out but you would have to cover shipping also and that may put you close to what you are paying but its worth a shot. A guy I worked with bought some cool stuff from your area for his GM car and a local shipped it to him here in TX.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im just trying to get it going again at this point, but when Im ready i might take you up on the offer. There isnt a huge social scene here nearly all mavericks sold are for racing. We dont have many places you can ride here. Im lucky I have 320 acres of land to have fun on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts