Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2016 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Maverick Turbo build thread is here! I will be updating this thread along the way with pictures, videos and information related to the progress of the build.

Brand new 2016 Can-Am Maverick X ds Turbo ready to be modified!

Stock ride height - ready to be weighed and lowered.

100% bone stock with a full tank of fuel - 1,495lbs.

Just about as low as it can go with the stock shocks. I had to remove the secondary springs to get it down this low. Notice how square the wheels and tires are. Even with the suspension slammed down the Maverick Torsional Trailing A-arms independent rear suspension (TTA) stays true all the way through the suspension stroke.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Since weight and horsepower is a major concern, I decided to go with the HMF Big Core 3/4 system. This system adds a 2-into-1 Up-Pipe with a 1-3/4" Merge Collector. This up pipe does not have a catalytic converter and is recommended for closed-course competition use only - just the way I like it :)

Detailed exhaust weights savings and sound clip coming soon!

·
Registered
9,349 Posts
Very nice! Good luck at the race this year!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I really like watching Pikes peak videos. Hope to see one with this in it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for posting video, but needs more dirt.:big smile:
Unfortunately there isn't dirt on Pikes Peak roads anymore, but the good part now that it's all paved is that it's insanely fast! Think of Isle of Man speed and how scary that is :serious:

Here's some old dirt to satisfy your needs in the meantime:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I didn't know they paved it all the way, probably had to much maintenance to keep it dirt

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I didn't know they paved it all the way, probably had to much maintenance to keep it dirt
Actually, it had something to do with a push from environmentalists strangely enough. You'd think they would have wanted to keep it a dirt road, but it was the other way around. PPIHC had to fight the battle to keep it dirt and lost.

The good thing now is that it's so fast it's scary! New blood is entering the race and the speeds that we are hitting on the mountain are unreal.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My plan is to keep it as stock Maverick Turbo looking as possible, all while making it as safe and as high performance as possible. I will have to do a new cage with full doors and other safety items to satisfy the rule book requirements. I will also be adding aerodynamic modifications to help keep it stuck to the tarmac at high speeds.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome. Tuned stock motor and turbo or fully built with bigger turbo? I guess I can just wait and see on this thread, lol.
I'm not sure yet how extreme I am going to go with the motor this year. Definitely a bigger turbo. I'm thinking 200 whp all the way to 14,115 ft sounds nice :cool:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My HMF Big Core exhaust system is installed!

We were able to drop 14.4 lbs off of the weighty 29.9 lb stock system. The full HMF kit weighed just 11.7 lbs. Not bad at all for a simple bolt-on system :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts