Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have tried to find a thread on here describing how to remove the primary clutch from a turbo but haven't had any luck. I have a new Dalton kit and finished the secondary, but cannot figure out how to remove the primary clutch. Do I need a puller as the instructions say? If so, where can I get one? Anyone have good picks on how to pull it? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
22 Posts
You can get the puller at your dealer or off eBay. I Just pulled out the bolt I filled the hole with Greese and put Teflon tape around the threads on the puller and used a 1/2" cordless impact and it popped right off. Then you need to take your primary to the dealer so they can split it in half mine did it for free but I've heard others charge something

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info. I called Dalton and they were fantastic! Gave me all the info and are sending me the puller and the tool to break it apart. They took good care of me on the price and gave me all the info I need to get this set up right. I will post the pics and info about the upgrade when I am done.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Dalton is sending a govener cup puller for you to use plus the clutch puller

Freight will be nuts from eastern Canada into the US and back for borrowing a tool .
The splitting tool is heavy so freight won't be cheap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im in a very similar situation with my primary clutch not wanting to come off even with the EPI PCP-16 clutch removal tool, any suggestions ? The tool don't seem to be long enough, story of my life !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts