Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Dish soap on the belt and after throughly cleaning / roughing up the clutch sheaves with a green scotch brite pad I use alcohol on a rag to clean them back to shiny

·
Registered
375 Posts
Jerking, at low take off speeds, can be caused by belt slipping damage. The belt width would be rendered uneven and cause grip, no grip, areas on the belt. I hope the new belt will fix some of your issues.

·
Registered
15 Posts
77 ? In a non turbo ? Aren’t the XMR’s geared lower and slower ?
Mine would governer out on the stock 30 silver backs at 77 same as my renegade xxc did. And would still run 65 on 34 assassinators. After stm primary and secondary, even tuned with 35s and 6inch lift it would only run about 58

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Took everything apart, seems actually nice and clean. Also Belt doesn’t seem worn
I got a couple pics, but not sure how to drop them in here

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I actually noticed on the primary towards the transmission a very rough surface. Almost looked like the red clay mud we have here in SC and also very minor burn marks on the the secondary, but they were only superficial.
Anyhow, cleaned everything nicely with 220 sand paper, wiped it down with brake cleaner and make sure everything is dry and clean. Drove it around and hit a little over 55mph, but should have a little more room. Also the jerking has improved a good bit, it feels like its only the big mud tires now. Happy with it, will take it back to the offroad park this saturday.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If there was burn marks on the secondary and primary, obviously the belt has slipped at some point, and is prolly glazed, therefore a new belt would prolly help quiet a bit.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts