111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the following...

stage 5 tune evo
bigger injectors evo
blow off valve - evo
evo charge tubes
muzzy exhaust and delete pipe

My question is, how do you know if the bov is set correctly....I have it set up as per directions but cannot here it go off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm also having problems with my EVO bov
it works fine in lower rpm range but when I"m hard into the boost and let out it doesnt blow off for a couple seconds

Some back story, when my EVO blow off valve showed up it came with a vacuum hose that was about two feet long (not physically long enough to reach from the intake to the bov). I first tried some regular silicone vacuum hose and realized I am having this problem. I thought maybe my vacuum line is collapsing when I let off the throttle causing the delay so I went with some very hard fuel injection rubber hose. Still no luck same problem.

Any suggestions of where to go from here would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm also having problems with my EVO bov
it works fine in lower rpm range but when I"m hard into the boost and let out it doesnt blow off for a couple seconds

Some back story, when my EVO blow off valve showed up it came with a vacuum hose that was about two feet long (not physically long enough to reach from the intake to the bov). I first tried some regular silicone vacuum hose and realized I am having this problem. I thought maybe my vacuum line is collapsing when I let off the throttle causing the delay so I went with some very hard fuel injection rubber hose. Still no luck same problem.

Any suggestions of where to go from here would be greatly appreciated
Did you adjust it as it shows on backside of valve ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
They dont have adjustment. If they did then they dont now. I looked on it and in the instructions it comes with it shows a bov with adjusting arrows and screw but not these new ones. They are plain jane you get what you get and thats it. No adjusting

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mine is adjustable and I"m pretty sure i have it set right it. It works perfect in the lower half of the throttle range, only opens when i let off the throttle but if I'm in higher boost it doesnt open until a few seconds after i let out

·
Registered
559 Posts
They dont have adjustment. If they did then they dont now. I looked on it and in the instructions it comes with it shows a bov with adjusting arrows and screw but not these new ones. They are plain jane you get what you get and thats it. No adjusting

Have you called them and asked why its not adjustable ?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hey mine does the same thing. I wondered what was up with that to. If your hard in it full boost and let out it takes about 2 seconds before you can hear it blow of, part throttle driving in and out of it it will instantly blow off. I don't hear any compressor surge so I'm sure it's not hurting anything. I'm running between 16 and 20 psi depending on what I'm doing

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered a Tial (ebay knock off BOV) I am having the same problem. Its almost instant at light throttle. But wide open it takes a second or two. I adjusted the spring pressure and it does not change. I think it has something to do with where the vacum line is connected. I have a "T" fitting on top of my intake elbow one side is for 1/4" BOV vacum and the other side is 1/8" to my boost gauge.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Call DB Motosports or find them on fb - DB motosports SierraNdevon. I went with their knock off hks. Problem Solved

·
Registered
105 Posts
Give more detail please. More than one db motorsports on fb
Its a hks style bov. Nothing really to explain. With the evo bov and extra spring sent it wouldnt hold 14psi. Now the DB's it does and it does not delay. Its a different style bov.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts