Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to narrow up my XMR to at least 64 inch it is factory 68 inches wide which when you measure it realy is around 69 they fail to tell you this untill after you buy it.On BRPS website they show it to be 64 inch. Even the owners manuall it shows it to be 67.9 The rims and tires are the problem so I am looking for some 14 inch wheels with a 30 inch tire set up that will work so far I have tried a commander wheel that I think will get it done. Any ideas? Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,474 Posts
Looking to narrow up my XMR to at least 64 inch it is factory 68 inches wide which when you measure it realy is around 69 they fail to tell you this untill after you buy it.On BRPS website they show it to be 64 inch. Even the owners manuall it shows it to be 67.9 The rims and tires are the problem so I am looking for some 14 inch wheels with a 30 inch tire set up that will work so far I have tried a commander wheel that I think will get it done. Any ideas? Thanks

Hmm, so its their fault you did not measure it before purchasing? If being narrow was that important one would think to bring a tape measure.

·
Registered
458 Posts
you could get some 5+2 offset wheels and swap the tires, I ordered some sweet sti 14" wheels today brand new for $350 + tax, sell your factory wheels to offset cost, problem solved. that should get you close to 64" and you could stiffen your springs a little.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
so what is your concern with the width? Will it not fit on a trailer or on your trials???

·
Registered
367 Posts
There's no preload adjustment on the MR.
Just compression and 6 preset heights adjusted at the dashboard.
I would think raising it to its highest setting 6 would pull it in some but not 4 inches

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Trails are the problem with width restrictions, But I honestly dont think I should have to bring a tape measure to buy something that clearly shows it being 64" wide on there website.When I first saw the machine it was just out of the crate with suspension not attached yet and when assembled I couldnt even think straight just needed to know where to sign the paperwork. Start reading the owners manuall after you already own it now to late to turn back.My point is someone screwed up on the website and someone else got it right in the owners manual,trying to work it out with BRP will see what happens.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Trails are the problem with width restrictions, But I honestly dont think I should have to bring a tape measure to buy something that clearly shows it being 64" wide on there website.When I first saw the machine it was just out of the crate with suspension not attached yet and when assembled I couldnt even think straight just needed to know where to sign the paperwork. Start reading the owners manuall after you already own it now to late to turn back.My point is someone screwed up on the website and someone else got it right in the owners manual,trying to work it out with BRP will see what happens.
I understand your points and I think I know where the issue is as Can Am's spec's on the web are based on the base Maverick typically and not representative of each specific model (usually). The link I am referencing below for the MR model is misleading as the picture at the top with all of the dimensions are for a base model Maverick but is depicting an XRS model with MR wheels/tires....and under the specs it lists all of the specifications for the base model and at the very bottom tells you what is included in the X-MR package.

Maverick 1000 X mr Side-by-Side Specs | Can-Am Off-Road US | Can-Am Off-Road US

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does anyone know if they made changes in the clutch or the gearing on the XMR to drive the larger tires?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes thats what I am talking about,the pic is a xmr it has the snorkels but the measurements are wrong.Hopefully it will work out ok.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yes thats what I am talking about,the pic is a xmr it has the snorkels but the measurements are wrong.Hopefully it will work out ok.
But it has coil shocks ???

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yes has coils on the shocks but spring preload is not adjustable
XMR's come with air shocks not coil over shocks???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It has both it is a coil over shock with a air bladder inside of the shock I will take a pic for you

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Yea ....figured that out after some Google searching

·
Registered
367 Posts
Does anyone know if they made changes in the clutch or the gearing on the XMR to drive the larger tires?
The clutching on the MR is different

·
Registered
367 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Woody
Pm sent

1 - 17 of 17 Posts