Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know about the air ride suspension in the xmr? Is it good for both mud and trail riding? Thanks Woody

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
LOL. I don't know about in the SxS world, but for quads, Fox airs were the shiznitz.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't know but I'm really hoping they work well since I have a XMR on order. I have talked to guys that love that set on the quads. I guess I will find out in December.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it's good for saying you have it ,maybe you can rig it up to blow up flat tires on the trail.
I beleive the integrated air pump on the XMR also has an auxiliary line so you can use it like a normal air compressor.

·
Registered
502 Posts
air ride? yeah thats for lowriders. hit the switches bro.
WHAT u don't want ur maverick to hit 3 wheel motion.
I didn't know the Mxr Mav. was going to have air ride I thought the compressor was just for tools n tires hmmmm wonder how that will work....is it just something else to..u know leave ya on the side as everybody rides

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It sucks spending 21grand to be the air ride tester,but I should have mine within a week.It would be nice to talk to someone mabey that had a outlander xmr for their opinion.

·
Registered
160 Posts
It sucks spending 21grand to be the air ride tester,but I should have mine within a week.It would be nice to talk to someone mabey that had a outlander xmr for their opinion.
Thats good to know. Hope mine comes in next month about the time I get back states side. A buddy of mine was at Can Am dealer yesterday and the guy there said he got to test drive one and the suspension moved up and down 4 inches. Which is good news for me cause I'm wanting to run 34" Terms on 15" wheels.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I know a guy that has air shocks on his Teryx and he loves them.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Funco has been using air ride on their sand and desert cars forever.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I have them on my snowmobiles and downhill mountain bikes but they are not as plush as a coil over but do offer better bottom out control…..

·
Registered
189 Posts
The limited commanders have the fox adjustable air ride on them. They're pretty rough when aired up on 4. And yes, they have aux spot behind the seat for you to tap in for air. My buddy's saved me once already.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Fox air on the Outlander XMR's is crap. We have two 13 models. Heat has been a big problem with the air lines melting and some pump issues. Aired up to 4 and hit a small ditch (ankle deep) and it will bottom out so hard you would think it broke the frame. When the air suspension is maxed on 6 it puts the axles in such a bind it pulls the boots off. They suppose to be recalling them soon. One of ours stayed at the shop more than the house. To the point of Lemon Lawing it. The Maverick setup seems a little different ,So maybe they have learned a few things.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I called Fox today the person I talked to didnt seem to know alot about the xmr,He had no idea what was installed on the machine I gave him a brp part number and he told me the shock was only 1.5 inch I told him the xrs comes with a 2.5 inch shock he then told me that no factory machine would come with a 2.5??????? So confusing I guess the bottom line is I just want a good ride.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Ive owned 2 XMRs and still own one today. The airride was a huge mistake on the XMR. It is not a plush ride. Very rough in my honest opinion. The ONLY advantage to the air ride is the ability to gain an inch or 2 of ground clearance if your stuck. They have had nothing but issues from day one. Alot of the issues are moisture related so its IMPERATIVE to completely die electric grease everything that has anything to do electronically for the air ride. Most guys who are serious about keeping the XMR usually pull the air ride off and replace with Elka's. I was kind of disappointed in the XMR maverick, I had really high hopes for it and it kinda let me down. Woulda liked to have seen the snorkels at least 3/4 of the way up the cage and it come with 32" backs considering the clearance it has. As far as heat on the XMR goes, that can be controlled with a lil elbow grease. Make sure your running good non ethanol 91+ octane fuel, remove the splash guards under the front fenders,exhaust wrap the exhaust, and if necessary, install a fuel tuner and get the A/F ratio correct on each cylinder. Overall, I hope they changed up the components on the Mav XMR air ride cause if not, you cant expect some issues.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Have to agree if the mav xmr is anything like the quad xmr.... its a piece of [email protected] Bought one of the first gen 1 xmr quads.... big mistake on canam. First problem is when spedo reaches between 20 - 24 it drops from 6 to 2 or 3. This leaves ypu high centered. Then you have to stop. Scroll over to air susp. Then punch in 6. Then wait for front to pump up then rear to pump up. Then proceed to have it drop again. This they used to say was extreme mud racer... lmao. Now they have backed up and say extreme mud " rider".lol
The shocks had no give and snorks under the pod were just high enough to get you to sink it. I still have mine but extended snorks. Removed air ride. Use a 2" lift then put 2009 upper aarms to correct front alighnment.with airdam clutches.. pc5... loonytuned exh....and custom tuning its a good bike and fun to play on. But when I see people getting excited over the xmr mav... I groan and say here we go again with another piece of junk. Mean while I LOVE my 2014 mav xrs dps

If Im on the side of the trail posting ... its because Im waiting for you to catch up.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but this air ride suspension is also on the Commander Limited yea. I don't hear of many complaining about them. I do already think though that the snorkels could be higher but that is a easy fix.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts