Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased on Friday and headed to the woods on sunday.
so heres a few pics,some random thoughts and questions

with the lift,tires and air ride I was expecting a "different" ride but im pleased to report that its far better than I expected.
the first goal was to see if anything was gonna break...
we were hammer down in the big whoops and she rocked it.
I looked down at the speedo and it read 49 mph.
with the mud gearing I can only assume a lower top speed...we hit 57 at 1 point so im sure after the break-in and a couple of oil changes she'll probably hit 60.
that's plenty for where we ride in florida....no dunes here.
she even has a name already..."BEAST".
everybody was digging the air ride suspension.
my daughter rode with me and she said she felt like a rockstar.:money:
seats,seat adjustment,tilt make for an incredibly comfortable ride.
glove box is HUGE!
ive got a soft top,hardcoat windshield and blingstar doors on order.
my quadboss zipperless bag worked perfect on the rear deck,didnt move all day.
I know the msrp of $21,499.00 is steep but where we ride this is how we rig them anyways(snorkels,lift,winch,big tires etc.)
my buddy and I each bought one.
we paid $19,220.00 for each...couldn't resist.

Reactions: JRock

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
when we first got the machine home it was making rattling noises when you hit bumps.
started digging around and found that the "rubber support bracket" for the pipe was on the machine but not connected to the pipe.
so the pipe was banging on the frame...easy fix.
but the machine still had another rattle...

I was racking my brain trying to find the noise so I climbed underneath and found this lodged between the motor and the skidplate.
im assuming its from the build at the factory???
the black plastics scratch very easily on all my can ams...not sure what they do differently but my other machines plastics hold up a lot longer.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so im happy to report that this machine is a blast.
BUT...
man the cockpit is NOISY!
even if you yell at the person sitting next to you they cant understand what youre saying.
its the loudest side by side cockpit ive ever ridden in...by far...I don't think its the snorkels because the sound seems to be coming from down below at the motor.
by adding a windshield,roof and doors its gonna be even worse.
we are discussing running helmets with Bluetooth setups to knockdown the noise.

·
Registered
502 Posts
What about trying to place some Dynomat under the plastics.
I put a heat damper on the inside of my console n it seemed to cut down on engine noise but a stereo will help if you like listening to music while riding.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
random thoughts
ground clearance is 15 1/2" in the #6 position
best ride for me was in the #3 or #4 position on the airride

not sure why but this machine cleans up fast,my daughter helped and we had this thing done in 20 minutes.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im actually online right now trying to find the cheapest place to buy dynamat.
met with my stereo guy yesterday but that is on hold until I can delete some of this noise.
im going to strip the machine down and put dynamat everywhere.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also check your shocks on your 2014
my passenger side front clicker has only 7 clicks of compression
my drivers side front clicker has 20 or 21 clicks of compression(I cant remember)
the manual says 12???

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey lbs,
are all mavericks this loud in the cockpit?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
yea...it is an inherent trait of having a mid-engine location. You are on the right track with the sound barrier. It will make it bearable......Also consider wrapping you exhaust headers too. It will reduce the heat significantly as well as some of the engine noise. I live in the desert so I was more concerned with the heat than the noise so I installed thermal barrier and wrapped my exhaust. here are a few pics....

IMG_0204.jpg IMG_0346.jpg IMG_0345.jpg IMG_0344.jpg IMG_0342.jpg IMG_0341.jpg IMG_0340.jpg

Reactions: LBSwank

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you do nice work,
how much do you charge?hahaha
where do you get the eggcrate material from?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks....you wouldn't want me to do it...I am friggin slow! The egg crate foam is already on the panels. I reinstalled it after I put the thermal barrier on to help deaden the noise....

·
Registered
502 Posts
Man Heavy always comes through with some good stuff. He is right mid engine makes the noise but I'm sure what he has done helps a lot.

·
Registered
502 Posts
you do nice work,
how much do you charge?hahaha
where do you get the eggcrate material from?
It's really cool to see someone else have the itch... I don't think I stopped working on mine for a month straight after we got it:cool2:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha...thanks. Just passing on what I have either figured out on my own or picked up from others along the way. This has been around since the Commanders and was a no brainer for the Maverick...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think he said he rides in mud so I owuld ceramic coat the exhaust in lieu of wrapping. wrapping will not stay together long in mud riding.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I think he said he rides in mud so I owuld ceramic coat the exhaust in lieu of wrapping. wrapping will not stay together long in mud riding.
ahh, good call, I didn't think of that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Man ya'll are killin me with the pics lol Next week can't get here fast enough. Looks good and glad to hear you like it. Makes me feel better about ordering one without seeing it first.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've replaced a wrapped head pipe before so I agree with the ceramic coating.
Learning the hard way as usual

1 - 20 of 22 Posts