Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a thread to post up who will be attending the is race event. The race will start & finish in the Plaster City area. They will be running 3 laps for a total of 249 miles. Dates are April 25th- 27th 2014.

We have a group of SxS riders that will be camping at Superstition Mtn for the weekend. From this location, we can get to many areas of the race course for viewing. Then when not watching the race, we will be chasing each other around the mountain in our SxS's. I have done this trip before and it i sgreta fun. We even do a destination ride over to the race camping area to look at all the vehicles. Camping area is wide open and hard packed dirt. Riding areas are a mix of everything. Some hard packed dirt , some trails, some sandy washes and some sandy dunes. If you would like to attend this event and camp in our group let me know.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A bunch of my buds from the Teryx forum will be coming out also.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My son is headed down for the San Felipe 250 today to run a chase truck. Hopefully they will do the Imperial Valley 250 too!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We plan to do all 6 SCORE races this year, so we will be there.

Nate
Alba Racing
Maybe I'll drive by the pits and say Hi Nate.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That sounds like fun. I think we'd be interested...
Come on out Greg. Should be quick but fun trip. You will know people in the group.

·
Registered
529 Posts
This looks interesting, need to talk to the wife.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I may go out Friday night or very early Sat am

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
to bad it's on the same weekend as the Desert Storm Poker Run at Havasu.

·
Registered
367 Posts
So we would love to go, but I have a stupid questions. BLM usually locks the area down to ohvs on the day of race. I've been to one Snore race in that area and you couldn't go anywhere the day of the race and no ohv in the pits at anytime. Maybe that's just Snore rules. I don't know what rules Score has since becoming a new entity. I remember we pitted just off Trona RD where the is some little camp ground. Is this where the race start/finish will be held? Which mountain is Superstition? I was on google maps and can't find mountain names for this area. Again we would love to come up on Friday and hang with everyone for the weekend.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From the plaster city area, superstition Mtn is about 15 miles NE. You can look for Huff rd and then wheeler road off of huff. Wheeler road takes you directly up to the Mtn and the open camping areas. It's an OHV Rec area and since the course is a 50 mile loop, its likely to run by it somewhere. No permits required for camping.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I might make that Marty. Been wanting to get out there for a while.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Come on out.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bump

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Unless something changes, I will be going out on Friday am, should be there out there around 9:00am-ish. I think we should have a decent size group if everyone makes it out. A good mixture of Mavericks, Teryx's, Rhino's and maybe some Rzr's, and a few Motorcycle guys mixed in.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I believe we will be camping at an area called "The Dip" for the race. The race map shows the main pit area will be accessed from Wheeler road, so it will be closed to thru traffic unless you have a racer pit pass. The Dip area is just north of the wheeler road exit and is on Huff road. SO I have included a couple maps for thos ewho are interested. We will still be able to access the mountain riding area but are about 7 miles away. The larger map shows the dip area which is towards the upper right corner of the course map where it calls out Lmer road.

Attachments

·
Registered
529 Posts
Awesome, we normally camp in that same area - maybe a little closer to the mud hills and farther in, but its all good.
Last time out there, at Thanksgiving, I blew up my snowmobile clutch on the Rhino, and the wife greenlighted the Maverick purchase :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts