Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 Can am Maverick xrs bought new.. i've been through 4 Belts in 26 hours.. I have a rear output shaft leaking oil.. I've lost power in my gauge cluster my power steering my rear taillights my four-wheel-drive..car starts intermittent ..also broken and ripped driver seat .. The car looks like it did when I bought it so I don't trash the thing has any one experienced this and looking for a direction .. I called brp they said someone will call me back and I called the dealer and told them they can have it back ...thoughts?

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
my guess belts are driver error but all the other electrical problems are battery connections i bet and seats are a problems on some mavericks and commanders just trim the plastic a little so it doesnt rub and rear seal ? but all minor stuff get your dealer to warranty everything

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
you have to learn to have throttle control and know when your slipping the belt and use low in high load situations and you cant baby the throttle from 0 to 5mph

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
trim the plastic by the seat great idea to do its what the dealers do , u have a lose connection somewhere battery

and u must learn how to drive a 101hp cvt system or buy a stm secondary for 55o

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Make sure your main ground to the chassis is tight.. When I bought my outlander 1000 my power steering would quit working and had to jump start it, turned out my main ground wasn't tight...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I would say tighten your battery cables, and use low range and go enjoy your purchase.

The belts are definitely driver error. No offense to you at all, but that just doesn't happen. The clutch bolt problem was BRP's problem, but the clutch tuning is fine, sure there are aftermarket improvements available, but I'll be honest. I have a full STM and other than the initial launch I'm not sure my stock clutch wasn't as good.

Good luck with issues, I know it's frustrating to have issues with a brand new machine but I believe a little due diligence and you will be happy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Almost all electrical parts that go bad are due to weak grounds. I always add a couple extra grounds on every toy i get. ran a new main ground from the batt to the frame under the dash when i added power steering, left a couple pig tails for future add-ons. always run an extra from frame to motor too.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Can anyone post a link as to where/how to trim the plastics to avoid the torn seats?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts