Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with there 2014 Mav tie rods yet ...I'm going to the dunes in 2 weeks and don't want to run into any issues

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think they are the same as the 13's, so you can just get a set of replacements for back up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I was thinking... Just curious how hard people are hitting them to get them to break

·
Registered
410 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with there 2014 Mav tie rods yet ...I'm going to the dunes in 2 weeks and don't want to run into any issues
Glamis? In case you haven't seen the thread......left side of olds Saturday at 1:00 is the meet up spot.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Honestly, it won't take a huge hit to bend em either. Glamisfan and Mega were both suprised that I bent one this last dune season. It was a fair to middlin drop, but after looking at the hill, I wouldn't have thouhgt I woulda bent one either. Get some aftermarket one, (I got CT Racing) or atleast a spare oem if you can.

I carry both my oems for spares (the bent one now has a chrome moly sleave) incase one of my fellow Mav riders find himself in the same perdicament.

·
Banned
546 Posts
Don't buy turn keys there too long... The 2014 Dps maverick has shorter tie rods. I'm on the second set they have shipped and still don't fit

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Don't wait till they break before you change them. Several have had them break and it also caused broke axles and many other issues. Change them now.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Legend Call Alex Reed "AReed" REPLACEMENT TIE RODS (CT Racing)
Get them on order and throw away the stock ones. $80.00 insurance!
They fit and are solid, Alex is stand up guy and offers a lifetime warranty on them.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Don't buy turn keys there too long... The 2014 Dps maverick has shorter tie rods. I'm on the second set they have shipped and still don't fit
Really? What is the length of the stock tube?

·
Banned
546 Posts
Yes I believe they are 12 1/4 just the sleeve. I can double check tonight!

·
Banned
546 Posts
This is the comparison picture

This is there length

·
Banned
546 Posts
and with both nuts completely maxed out as far as they will thread out Toe is still too much negative.

·
Banned
546 Posts
is it the DPS model?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts