Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 maverick xrs-dps model, late 2013 production so has the extra tube on belt box

SNORKLE.jpeg SNORKEL8.jpg SNORKELBEGIN2.jpg

started on the back and moving forward, mounting the rear external snorkels first:

snorkel1.jpg snorkel2.jpg snorkel3.jpg snorkel4.jpg snorkel5.jpg snorkel6.jpg snorkel7.jpg SNORKEL8.jpg SNORKELREAR10.jpeg SNORKELREAR9.jpeg SNORKELFRONT.jpg SNORKELREAR11.jpg SNORKELREAR12.jpg SNORKELREAR13.jpg SNORKELREAR14.jpg

this is the center console cut you will make:

snorkel9.jpeg snorkel10.jpeg

this is the caps for rear snorkel risers and center dash cap, we painted them white:

snorkelrisor1.jpeg snorkelrisor2.jpeg

this is the dash and hood part that has to be cut:

snorkeldashcut.jpeg snorkeldashcut1.jpeg SNORKELDASHCUT2.jpeg

the rear vent line for the differentials and such get ran up into the cockpit area under center dash snorkels, fuel tank is already up there, you have to pull it loose from original location under hood and put in same location as these
SNORKELVENT.jpg

Reactions: 1qwkgoat

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks for the photos I have the XMR snorkel kit sitting in my shop waiting to be installed on my 2014 xrs! Keep us updated how it goes! Do u think u will see a little bit of power loss because of the air intake being different?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks, I picked my kit up today from the dealer,,dont look to bad

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the photos I have the XMR snorkel kit sitting in my shop waiting to be installed on my 2014 xrs! Keep us updated how it goes! Do u think u will see a little bit of power loss because of the air intake being different?
Shouldn't, actually should be getting cleaner air now since its inside the cabin on the center dash instead of in the floorboard behind the clovebox

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do you know if this kit will fit a commander

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im pretty sure it will, cabs are pretty much the same and all, I know the front will , backs if I remember looks just like my commander, may have to modify the mounts on the bed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Where did u get the kit from im wanting to get one for mine

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
purchased mine from my dealer, Cochran powersports out of pine bluff Arkansas, I can get you his # if u wish

·
Registered
228 Posts
Anymore pics of the install and finished product

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very welcome, only thing left to do is engine intake, have to cut 1 piece out of fender panel, and belt intake, ill get pics of them as I do them also. suppose to have tornados and stuff here today, but if it doesn't rain, ill work on that after work

·
Registered
371 Posts
I worry about the seals between the motor and the belt box and the trans/belt box. Have heard differing opinions about whether they are sufficient or not. I sure hope they are.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ive already had mine in water that was up to seat bottom, without the snorkel kits , and I can see by pulling everything lose now, I didn't get any water in belt box. can-am has come along way, I know the early mavs had the belt box leak, but think a lot was due to heat warping the covers, and the 14 model corrected that with the 2nd exhaust tube on the belt box

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Clears with room to spare

snorkelconsole3.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
So On my 2014 I dont have the second CVT exhaust coming out the side but in my snorkel kit instuctions it clearly displays that 2014 mavericks should have the second exhaust outlet and I just bought this machine last week! So Im going to call my dealer and see if they will order me the 2014 CVT cover!

Are u guys with the 2013 CVT cover upgrading to the 2014 covers for the snorkel?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So On my 2014 I dont have the second CVT exhaust coming out the side but in my snorkel kit instuctions it clearly displays that 2014 mavericks should have the second exhaust outlet and I just bought this machine last week! So Im going to call my dealer and see if they will order me the 2014 CVT cover!

Are u guys with the 2013 CVT cover upgrading to the 2014 covers for the snorkel?
you will have a early production 2014 model, should be prior to November build date if im correct. see if your dealer will warranty out the cover, if he does, you will have to have one extra pipe ordered, if he warrantys, I wouldn't argue about buying the extra pipe, its relatively cheap anyways

1 - 20 of 48 Posts