Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
What gas can is that? any chance you could take a picture of the bed and hot tight all that fits. And yes the tracks are badass!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381761238.842011.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381761263.191568.jpg
That is a BRP gas can from the snowmobile line. I took it off my 2013 Ski-doo and mounted the LinQ brackets to the rack. Works like a dream and holds 3 gal of fuel.

·
Banned
546 Posts
What those tracks set you back?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That is pretty cool for you snow guys

·
Banned
546 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
that's cool bro. I was going to say im betting 4300 to 5000 on price. so do they run good in mud, slop on trails.. do you feel much difference over tires in the ride. I have never seen tracks, so never rode with any on anything. I think it would be cool, but I thought its primary use is snow. would love to see a video. no extra stress on axles??? like it

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Here are a couple of videos

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
didn't see any in the mud….

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
found some….

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just installed my tracks off the Commander. Camoplast just released a transfer kit to retro the mounting harware. View attachment 5047 View attachment 5048 View attachment 5049 View attachment 5050 View attachment 5051 View attachment 5052
That's awesome, I have the same exact coolers on the back of mine!! One was to small so went with two also.
And with two you can use one for hot food unless on a liquid diet for the day :smile:
My wife will make us all sausage n pepper hoagies before we go n stuff em all in that cooler Ah Boy rite around 1-2 o clock u will see guys fist fight over one of those sandwiches that's y we have a cooler designated to Hoagies n grinders...lol

·
Registered
492 Posts
Any updates? How is the performance? I know it won't make the Mav a sled, but for $4-5K is is worth it?

My concerns with this setup is durability. Snow use only, how much maintenance to the tracks is required?

What about the Maverick? Wheel bearings? Looks like a lot of weight and side loading involved there.....

·
Registered
367 Posts
I rode with a buddy who had them on a Polaris rzr 800.
darn thing would climb snow banks like a mountain goat,flat out straight up...it was crazy.
you need a full cab to run them things as he didn't have a full cab and the entire machine would fill up with snow when we rode.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Looks like it's going to be a dry winter this year, but I'm seriously thinking about getting some.

Went for a ride today and a long sleeved shirt was to warm at 4,000'!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts