Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading on the forum and this guy was saying how his new 2014 maverick has an extra inlet on the belt cover.

So I started doing some research and saw that the 2014 does indeed have a different part number for the belt cover.

Does any body know if I can install this on my 2013 maverick.

Is it worth it?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u can install it , its just an extra exhaust port

·
Registered
371 Posts
I thought it was an extra "intake" port. And yes you can install the cover. It has a tube that runs under the drivers seat and up behind it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought it was an extra "intake" port. And yes you can install the cover. It has a tube that runs under the drivers seat and up behind it.
So, I need to buy cover and tube? correct?

How is the tube held to the cover? it takes a clamp. I would need to buy that too.

Thanks!! I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
its a intake !

edit #

·
Registered
293 Posts
Its definately an intake. It does have a filter of the same material as the other intake and goes straight to the secondary clutch

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Its definately an intake. It does have a filter of the same material as the other intake and goes straight to the secondary clutch
wow ok , my bad ! :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
So, I need to buy cover and tube? correct?

How is the tube held to the cover? it takes a clamp. I would need to buy that too.

Thanks!! I appreciate the help.

To make it 100% factory I think you would need the cover,rubber tube, plastic tube that runs up halfway behind the seat and the new understeat piece. If it was me I'd buy the cover and make my own snorkel for it from there.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
To make it 100% factory I think you would need the cover,rubber tube, plastic tube that runs up halfway behind the seat and the new understeat piece. If it was me I'd buy the cover and make my own snorkel for it from there.
I bought the cover and all the tubes. Inside of the cover it looks like some kind of shroud that covers part of the secondary. Looks like it would work great if it did suck air in. I have an stm gen 1 secondary.

Has anyone put a STM set-up with this cover? Looks like a tight fit

Are the fins on the stm secondary designed to draw air in?

This really might be the solution for anyone having belt issues at the dunes because of heat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Someone here posted that he removed that part from the secondary side.I installed the Xmr kit on mine with that additional intake hose and filter.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I bought the cover and all the tubes. Inside of the cover it looks like some kind of shroud that covers part of the secondary. Looks like it would work great if it did suck air in. I have an stm gen 1 secondary.

This really might be the solution for anyone having belt issues at the dunes because of heat.
STM makes an adapter to allow the 2014 belt cover to work. It's plastic and some people have said it is crap. Airdam makes a really nice aluminum piece.

·
Registered
121 Posts

How much did it cost for all the new stuff?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts