Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was under the impression that the 2014 models came from the factory with the clutch bolt already changed out to the stud.

This is HB Hooligan's 2014 XRS. IT SURE DON"T LOOK LIKE A STUD. The bolt says it's a grade 12.9 on it. Is this right, or should it have the stud?

I don't know since I never messed with the recall. I went to aftermarket clutchs befor the recall ever came out.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your dealer did the recall then? I thuoght that they might have come from the factory with the stud. Guess I'll have to get HBH to get it in for the recall then.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Yeah dealer down recall before I even bought it. I changed my clutches to STM and found where they didn't use a drop of thread locker on the bolts.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the 10 hour service today on it, and pulled the CVT cover just to check. I'm kinda shocked that it left the dealer without having the recall done. Doesn't speak well for the dealer........:disappointed:

I didn't want to touch the clutch at all after I saw that.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
So if I have a 2014 Sept build date with a serial number NOT on the recall list them it should have a stud from the factory correct?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yes, you should. That being said, it wouldn't hurt to double check.
Thank you. Guess now is as good a time as any to learn to pull the CVT cover lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
Yes, you should. That being said, it wouldn't hurt to double check.
I would say double check for two reasons. 1 - to make sure your machine has the fix. I was old by the dealer I bought from all recall work was done it wasn't. 2nd - its good to know how to take the cover off just incase you ever needed to change the belt.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would say double check for two reasons. 1 - to make sure your machine has the fix. I was old by the dealer I bought from all recall work was done it wasn't. 2nd - its good to know how to take the cover off just incase you ever needed to change the belt.
X2...

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
It seems stupid that the new bolt is not installed at the factory, since they know there is a problem.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even more stupid that ANY Maverick would leave the dealership without ALL recall work done prior to delivery to a customer.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
It seems stupid that the new bolt is not installed at the factory, since they know there is a problem.
I am sure many of the 2014s were assembled before the recall was released. The actual build date will be on the VIN tag...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts