Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

2014 Can Am's are out now too.

4K views 32 replies 11 participants last post by  Barbara001 
#1 ·
#2 ·
You're late to the party. Been out for a while.

Reactions: Driller77
#10 ·
The seats are latched down by a small metal pin/rod that has been known to bend and or break in a roll over causing the seat to come out with you on it. Wearing your seatbelt would help also, keeping you and the seat down. But this is still a issue that should be recalled IMHO ....

#12 ·
The seats are latched down by a small metal pin/rod that has been known to bend and or break in a roll over causing the seat to come out with you on it. Wearing your seatbelt would help also, keeping you and the seat down. But this is still a issue that should be recalled IMHO ....

#15 ·
Ours flipped, and rolled a few times, it landed on its top. The passenger seat came 100% un latched, and was hanging by the seat belt. The drivers came unlatched in the rear, and was hanging by the seat belt. That forced him into the stearing wheel and broke several ribs. I wish we had the harness. Have fun and be safe.

Hope that helps..

#18 ·
The cage on the driver side collapsed and allowed enough slack in the seat belt. If the cage wouldnt have collapsed then he would not have had any slack in the belt. 4-5 points and a cage, in my book are a must before driving these machines. Your talking 2500.00 to assure your safety.

#25 ·
I hope Can Am Is reading this thread. They could learn a few things... I agree 100% on the cage reinforcement considering the speeds , and yes a 4/5 harness is a great improvement and should be standard . It would keep you and the seat in its place ,but there is no damn way a seat should ever come out . I know it's convenient that it comes in and out and has to be removed to do everthing but being held in with a stick of iron is in acceptable ... Dammit ! When was the last time you heard of someone's seat falling out of their car ? Oh wait , a car cost $15k to $20k ... Wait a minute ! WTF?!?

#26 ·
Take the factory tab off and weld a u bolt in its place where the seat latches and that will solve the problem of the latch bending or breaking. Btw, I never had a problem with it, just wanted a piece of mind. There's a how to thread on hear about that and everything else you want to know. Just search and read.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.