Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
You're late to the party. Been out for a while.

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
210 Posts
They are not out here yet, may be another month.. What about the seats have they taken care of that? also the tie rods. Guess we will wait till all of this is addressed first to get ours..

·
Registered
58 Posts
The seats are latched down by a small metal pin/rod that has been known to bend and or break in a roll over causing the seat to come out with you on it. Wearing your seatbelt would help also, keeping you and the seat down. But this is still a issue that should be recalled IMHO ....

·
Registered
210 Posts
Even if your seat belted in, they come undone. 4or5 point harness a must.. We learned the very hard way, and do not want any one else to find out how we did. Be safe...

·
Registered
58 Posts
The seats are latched down by a small metal pin/rod that has been known to bend and or break in a roll over causing the seat to come out with you on it. Wearing your seatbelt would help also, keeping you and the seat down. But this is still a issue that should be recalled IMHO ....

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ours flipped, and rolled a few times, it landed on its top. The passenger seat came 100% un latched, and was hanging by the seat belt. The drivers came unlatched in the rear, and was hanging by the seat belt. That forced him into the stearing wheel and broke several ribs. I wish we had the harness. Have fun and be safe.

Hope that helps..

·
Registered
568 Posts
He's not going any farther than the seatbelt allows, with or without the seat intact. Chances are he would've broke ribs either way. Enough force and things will come apart.

·
Registered
568 Posts
He's not going any farther than the seatbelt allows, with or without the seat intact. Chances are he would've broke ribs either way. the seats not that heavy. Enough force and things will come apart.

·
Registered
761 Posts
He's not going any farther than the seatbelt allows, with or without the seat intact. Chances are he would've broke ribs either way. the seats not that heavy. Enough force and things will come apart.
The cage on the driver side collapsed and allowed enough slack in the seat belt. If the cage wouldnt have collapsed then he would not have had any slack in the belt. 4-5 points and a cage, in my book are a must before driving these machines. Your talking 2500.00 to assure your safety.

·
Registered
568 Posts
The cage on the driver side collapsed and allowed enough slack in the seat belt. If the cage wouldnt have collapsed then he would not have had any slack in the belt. 4-5 points and a cage, in my book are a must before driving these machines. Your talking 2500.00 to assure your safety.
I agree with that, but blaming the seat coming out no. And the double tubing on the back of this cage and the larger tubing makes it one of the stonger cages on a factory sxs. I've seen all the pics on here and fb. That's why I have the 4pt harness, and reinforced my roll cage for safety. IMO the cage did its job, he didnt get crushed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I agree with that, but blaming the seat coming out no. And the double tubing on the back of this cage and the larger tubing makes it one of the stonger cages on a factory sxs. I've seen all the pics on here and fb. That's why I have the 4pt harness, and reinforced my roll cage for safety. IMO the cage did its job, he didnt get crushed.
How did you reinforce your cage? Pictures please if you could.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts