Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was snooping through the parts diagrams this morning looking for differences in the 2014. They have added reflective sheets to the interior panels. They shouldn't have taken this long to add them but it is good to know they do listen to the customer. I have already installed dynamat in mine but they are precut so it would be an easy job. I can't really tell but it looks like the foam panels are installed over the reflective sheets. Should help a little with heat......they even have one for the cup holder!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Should help a little with heat......they even have one for the cup holder!
I insulated my cup holder on the bottom side with heat shield.
Insulated cup holder.jpg

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did mine the same way- huge difference!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I did mine the same way- huge difference!
Yep it made a world of difference. I was very surprised how long my drink stayed cold.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ordered my mats waiting for delivery. Did you do all the panels around engine?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Duh…I guess I should have thought of that….I might try Summit or Jeggs to see if they have it too..

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Is that a good price? What did you pay for it at the auto parts store?

·
Registered
853 Posts
I did the entire engine compartment of my commander and it made a world of difference, plus it kept the noise down as well. I used Dynamat which I purchased from Summit. They sell it in rolls. It's not cheap but it works outstanding.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't recall the exact price but I think it was between $50 and 60. Two or three packages. (the rolls are not big)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
jegs has it for $50 shipped for a 36x60 roll
I see over 100 differnt kinds on the Jegs website. Do I need toget the thicker insulated kind with double sided reflective foil or will the heat reflective tape be all that is needed. Can you point me in the right direction for the one you are referring to for $50 for a 36 X 60 roll?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Mine is similar to the insulated mat. I had some scraps from our skidplate heat shield material. But the $50 sound saboutright for the size of sheet.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Here is what I just ordered...

Clipboard01.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks for the info….what will that do? Sorry, not familiar with it. Here is what this says about this wrap:

Features
For use on all types of exhaust tubing and headers (not for direct use on a turbo)
Vermiculite-infused fiberglass retains more heat and offers a tighter weave with less fraying
Wrap withstands constant operating temperature of 1200°
Special coating reduces smoke after installation and handles up to 2000° intermittently
Width: 1" or 2"
Length: 15', 25', or 50'
Several color options
Made in the USA

1 - 20 of 43 Posts