Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did they make any other changes to the Mav besides the QE, Power Steering and color option? also are the shocks now 2.5 instead of the 2.0? Are they any other changes? Did they do anything to the clutch? I asked the dealer, he said there are a lot of changes,(but he couldn't name them) LOL! Looking hard at the Maverick's, there are some crazy good deals on the 13's. Didn't know if I should cough the extra $$$ for a 14 or take the advantage of the good deals on a 13. Or wait a year from now when they have a good deal on a 14. Dealer act's like there is not much room to move on the 14's right now. $18,999 is what they're telling me!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
well other than the QE and DPS options, I know they added gussets to the roll cage, and appears they added an option for an additional air inlet…..

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
There is also chassis upgrades, braces around steering rack, and an attempt to add heat shielding in the console area.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Id get the 13 and have a pocket full of mod money. Of course they arent gonna deal that much on the 14's when there are still 13's sitting around.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I don't want to miss out on. A great deal and extra money to put on add on's! just didn't know if they 14's are really worth the extra coin

·
Registered
50 Posts
Id get the 13 and have a pocket full of mod money. Of course they arent gonna deal that much on the 14's when there are still 13's sitting around.
By the time you put power steering in and QE diff lock you will have spent more than a 14 would have cost you or at least so close its not worth the extra year of depreciation you took.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
By the time you put power steering in and QE diff lock you will have spent more than a 14 would have cost you or at least so close its not worth the extra year of depreciation you took.
That's very true IF the added items are something you need or want. Plus the added difference per month may not be that much.

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
You can pick up Super ATV EZ steering for under $600 and a QE differential for a little over $1000 I think. How much is the new Maverick Xrs retailing for? I paid $15,900 for my Maverick back in May and I know you can get it cheaper than that now.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I think he said it was 18,499. So for about $2500 - $1600 =$900 difference he can have factory parts instead of aftermarket parts that he has to install. Then see how much extra that $900 is per month. Seems like a no brainer to me IF those extras have value to him.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I paid $15,800 for my 2014 Base Maverick delivered in a semi truck to my house from Bert's Mega Mall in CA on July 20th. That was a no tax deal though.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right around $15k is where I can get a 13, so right around 4k less. Its a tough one, $4k could go toward the eps, QE, Plus some clutch work and some other odds and ends. Roof, radio, etc.. If I go with a 14, i'd more than likely feel so guilty spending that much, I prob wouldn't put one more penny into it for extra's!! HaHa.. To be honest, I know this is kinda silly to let this influence me, but the red/white/black color really has my eye. If the 14's were still yellow, if would be a lot easier to pick. I haven't even seen these in person yet. I hope to this weekend. They have both 13's and 14's, so I can see both side x side

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been weighing the same decision. A 13 XRS vs a 14. and to be honest the colors were a factor. Not a big fan of yellow. The difference in my case was a little less than $3k. Ultimately I decided on the 14 and went with the XXC as well since I do a lot of riding in the woods. Suppose to come in next month. $18K + tax OTD.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've been weighing the same decision. A 13 XRS vs a 14. and to be honest the colors were a factor. Not a big fan of yellow. The difference in my case was a little less than $3k. Ultimately I decided on the 14 and went with the XXC as well since I do a lot of riding in the woods. Suppose to come in next month. $18K + tax OTD.
I've also considered the XXC, I mostly do woods ridding as well, private tight atv trails at that. but i'm waiting till a few guys get some ride time on the xxc's to see how they like them. Little concerned about the ride quality and also if it makes them anymore top heavy? RZR S's fit on my trails one guy even has off set wheels on his that makes it a fuzz under 64, And he still fits (kinda) but also said it was a very noticeable difference adding a few more inches on how stable it was. Once the XXc's come out, I can't wait to hear the reviews. I'm not in too big of a hurry to get a mav, Well yes I am, but I want to make sure i'm getting what I want as I'd like to keep it for awhile, instead of trading off every other year. Its starting to get old, would like to settle down with one. Haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
I rode all day long the 2013 Xrs demo of my dealer here in Quebec yesterday in tight trail. It handle good, i pass in every trail and bridge. I need to be carefulll in corner and in little bump but the ride is awsome. I also considere the Xxc but i would like to see one in real first. Do you think the compagny will make think for Xxc to ? (tie rods or any accessoire they will fit on it)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Im sure they will make accesories for the xxc, just depends on demand. The xxc will be alittle less stable around corners due to the narrower width. Unless you have to have that track width, Id get the xrs.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts