Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Ohio and will be doing mostly trail riding so getting the Maverick to 60 inches is a must.

I can buy a 2013 XRS for 2500 less than a 2014 XXC. I would need to upgrade the wheels and tires to get the 13 to 60 inches which is going to cost $1500 plus add power steering which is $1000 so the price is a was. I know the 13 XRS has better shocks Fox 2.5 compared to Fox 2.0 on the XXC. The 2014 XXC will have the new 4 wheel drive system though.

I will have to also run 9 inch tires instead of 10 inch tires on the 13 to get to 60 inches.

What would you guys do?? Thanks

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
If you bought the 2013 and bought the tires/wheels to convert it to 60". You would still be able to run it at 64" if you kept the stock tires and beadlocks. You would have better shocks and an extra inch of ground clearance.....I think if you shop around, you can do better than $2500 less than a 2014 for a 2013 Xrs......several people on here (including me) have just purchased them for $14k or less....something to consider.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If you bought the 2013 and bought the tires/wheels to convert it to 60". You would still be able to run it at 64" if you kept the stock tires and beadlocks. You would have better shocks and an extra inch of ground clearance.....I think if you shop around, you can do better than $2500 less than a 2014 for a 2013 Xrs......several people on here (including me) have just purchased them for $14k or less....something to consider.
Whooop, there it is!!!

·
Registered
477 Posts
I had the same delima on which model to purchase. I wanted the 60" model but chose to go with he X RS 13 model..... Just got through running a couple hundred acres of tight trails behind my house. Mannnn I love it , it handles so much better than my old XP did in my opinion. I could get through he trails a lot better. Which if your limited to 60" , you have a different situation .

·
Registered
998 Posts
I'd personally go with the the standard 64" model, I live in wv and I've never had a issue with width. Like others have stated just get the narrowing wheels and keep the stock ones to make it wider when you want. The fox 2.5's are nice as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts