Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Usually aftermarket belts are never as good as the OEM...I'm open minded, but does anyone have any proof that the Gates C12 is as dependable or better than the original? Don't wanna find out the hard way in the middle of the sand dunes with a shredded belt.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
lots of folks using them and I don't recall a single reported issue with them so far. For half the price, if it is even close to as good as the OEM belt, I will continue to use it.

Reactions: BigTruck

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ok I have 400 miles on 13 xrs and I have heard all the clutch problems I rode hard most of the dAy 4 hours and then bam horrible noise and won't move had to tow in should you start the vehicle while towing ? I have 3weeks on factory warranty will they cover this even if the belt shredded and not the clutch?should I just replace it with another brand as I don't want problems again in 400 miles.I drove it mildly when new trying to break in belt and motor .Any comments would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
Ok I have 400 miles on 13 xrs and I have heard all the clutch problems I rode hard most of the dAy 4 hours and then bam horrible noise and won't move had to tow in should you start the vehicle while towing ? I have 3weeks on factory warranty will they cover this even if the belt shredded and not the clutch?should I just replace it with another brand as I don't want problems again in 400 miles.I drove it mildly when new trying to break in belt and motor .Any comments would be appreciated.
if you have a decent dealer they should give you a new belt. Make sure you get all of the pieces out of the sheeve. Get a spare and change it on the trail next time.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Biggest problem I had when I blowed up my belt was it took out the CVT cover too. Like $109 if I remember correctly. Problem is my memory is about as long as my dinky.

Reactions: heavysledz

·
Registered
42 Posts
So I took myMaverick to dealer in kc and they checked vin and said it was part of a recall I had them check all recalls before I bought in May and serviced in July they say it was a new recall from sept. But no one contacted me about recall!!will find out tomorrow what really happened.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts