Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.There's a 10003 R with about twenty miles on it for 15,200 with three warranty.Is this a fair deal and what about recalls,would they be included like the clutch bolt,etc?I'm having a tough time deciding between this and a 2014.If I went with a 14 it would have dps but I could add that to the 13.Would like to hear some opinions,thanks all.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I bought my 13 Xrs for 15,500 otd. They may cut that some . I would shoot for 14 and see what happens. Good luck

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Trick to getting the better deal on the slightly used one getting them to want to sell it more than you want to buy it. That takes some role playing gamesmanship on your part, since they sell these for a living. In others their pro's at it. When you get the leverage in you favor then they will drop the price. You do that by having knowledge of what the product is selling and convincing them you are a serious buyer BUT only at XXXX price! I just saved over 10K on my Jeep Grand Cherokee using this tactic but I also sell for a living so I know the game.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They just called and can do 14,250 with three warranty.I do have to travel 225 miles to pick it up.I will try 14,000 because of the roughly 500 mile round trip to pick it up,if not, 14,250 still fair price?I wouldn't think twice on 13,600 but that's too dang far away for me unfortunately.Thanks all for your help.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
They just called and can do 14,250 with three warranty.I do have to travel 225 miles to pick it up.I will try 14,000 because of the roughly 500 mile round trip to pick it up,if not, 14,250 still fair price?I wouldn't think twice on 13,600 but that's too dang far away for me unfortunately.Thanks all for your help.
So NOW that you have them moving on price, you need keep the pressure on them by slow playing. hmmm & haw and dont agree just yet. Now is when you can use the other dealer's price of 13,600 against them. They don't know you dont want to travel that far to get that price. This a is the art of the deal. That lower price is your leverage so you need beat them over the head with. If there smart they will start to do the math of your cost of travel to get it and then come back with a best & final number to get your business. Is that number OTD? You should be able to get it for less than $14K, they wont let you walk away for that 250 trust me! stand you ground.

·
Registered
806 Posts
You also have to realize and let them know that Demos get beat on. Most people that drove it didn't give a shit about it, like a rental. Tell them you cant pay retail for a used machine. Would they buy one back from you with even 20 miles on it for new price, Hell No.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help guys. I went with the 14,250 plus a 98.00, a 25.00 and a 5.00 charge plus 5% sales tax,license included. Desertdog,the salesman called just when I started to read your last post but I did mention that I have to drive and my time and gas is money but he said I asked for the very best price he could do so he wouldn't budge.So for now I guess I'm the newest maverick owner so wish me luck.I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.Will a double wide sled trailer work or should I get something bigger,again thanks for all the replies,I am stoked.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hey as long as your happy thats all that matters. Congrats on the new toy!!
The wheels are 64" wide so you will need at least a trailer with that much width at thevery least.

Also, the recalls dont cost you anything so they should be included.
With 20hrs on it, make sure you ask them if i thas already had the 10hr service completed. That alone will save you another $400-500

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm actually hoping they they were hard on the motor just as long as it was warmed up to seat the rings properly like mototune believes.I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best.I'll look the whole thing over real good.It comes with a three warranty.The only other carry over is a new 2013 xrs for 17,500.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
it's still a lot less than what many folks paid for theirs last year! Go enjoy it!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Is this an Xrs or base model? and it includes a 3 yr warranty so that worth at least another $500-$700

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey as long as your happy thats all that matters. Congrats on the new toy!!
The wheels are 64" wide so you will need at least a trailer with that much width at thevery least.

Also, the recalls dont cost you anything so they should be included.
With 20hrs on it, make sure you ask them if i thas already had the 10hr service completed. That alone will save you another $400-500
Desertdog are you saying 20 hrs= 60 miles and it's already past due for the 10 hrs service?They will have the clutch bolt recall done,thanks again. It's just a base model a 1000R.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I put down 500.00 so if this thing looks beat and I don't want it they should give me my money back right?If they don't I might just have to buy new.This ten hr service what all is that other than oil change?What all to check on this used one while I'm there to see if it's been beat on? Thanks all.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Desertdog are you saying 20 hrs= 60 miles and it's already past due for the 10 hrs service?They will have the clutch bolt recall done,thanks again. It's just a base model a 1000R.
No, I thought you said it has about 20 hrs on it because it was a demo unit.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi all.I just came back from the local dealer to see what they think about the demo 225 miles away and they have they same one for 750.00 more with no miles and the clutch off supposedly robbed for parts.I then called the demo dealer to see about my deposit back and they lowered it to 13,900.The local dealer also lowered their in showroom XRS to 16,500.I'm thinking on the XRS for now.Moritz Marine will not cash my 500.00 deposit,that's very good of them, so what do you guys think now,go with the X, is that a good price?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Hi all.I just came back from the local dealer to see what they think about the demo 225 miles away and they have they same one for 750.00 more with no miles and the clutch off supposedly robbed for parts.I then called the demo dealer to see about my deposit back and they lowered it to 13,900.The local dealer also lowered their in showroom XRS to 16,500.I'm thinking on the XRS for now.Moritz Marine will not cash my 500.00 deposit,that's very good of them, so what do you guys think now,go with the X, is that a good price?
I told you they would drop the price again to below 14K. Now that you have the leverage, and your closer to the price you said was a no brainer of $13,600. You need to ask they dealer that has the used one, Since this has 6.5 hrs on it, what can they do about the 10hr service cost because your going to have to bring it ALL the way back there for that or just give you a discount on it now! Your just about to the point where I would tell them, listen your along ways away which is a big hassle for you but you are willing to make the deal BUT only if they will do it for $13,500. You must always be willing to walk away from a deal in order to get the BEST deal. You can always go back, but when they call you back it means they want to give you more discount otherwise they would not be calling you back.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts