Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, about to pull the trigger on a new maverick. Just interested what everyone paid to aquire theirs.
I am working with 3 dealers in my area and all want the sale. Best price so far has been $16,849.17 out the door.
$1,239 of that being taxes in my area. $110 for doc fee and lic.
What do you guys think of this price? All 3 dealers will also discount the roof and doors that I want as well.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Where are you located. I've got a 2013 XRS with less than 200 miles I will let go for 14,000. Upgrading to the 2014 with QE and DPS. I'm in Southern Utah.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Where are you located. I've got a 2013 XRS with less than 200 miles I will let go for 14,000. Upgrading to the 2014 with QE and DPS. I'm in Southern Utah.
Thats a deal Salomon, you should jump on that, oh and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
brand new 13 xrs at ridenowpeoria 13999

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To far from me. Rather have a new one any way. I expect I will get the price down a little further. Right now it's down to who wants the sale more. I know the 14's are coming out in a few months and these dealers need to make room for them.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
13999 is there start price plus 1200 for freight and set up then 1400 tax then 369 doc so ur getting a good deal yes !

a lot of us 6 months ago when they 1st came out paid 20k otd

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just bought my Xrs 2 weeks ago, 15850 OTD.
That is a very good deal you got yourself. I will try to get closer to that.
Thanks for the replies guys.
Tried to search for the thread mentioned earlier and could not find it. Doesn't really matter as I am looking for current prices people are getting.
Did find one with a guy wondering how to get his new mav into his enclosed trailer. I never really thought about that before. Went out and measured mine and found I have the same problem (68 inch opening and 74 inch machine).
With a 12 inch wheel and a 27 inch tire it should have 7.5 inch sidewall top and bottom of tires.
With that said, deflating the tires should make it barely fit through the door. Sound reasonable to you guys?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the mav is 74'' tall x 64'' wide yes ,

·
Registered
448 Posts
It might help if you put what state you live in? I would wait for the 2014 model personally. You are not going to save enough money to offset the depreciation on a new 13 once the 14's hit the showroom.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Thanks Benzo. I am aware of the dimensions and was wondering more of the way I would get it to fit in my trailer.
so u need it to be 6'' shorter ?

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so u need it to be 6'' shorter ?
Benzo, that is about what I need. I'm probably just going to go to the dealer and give it a try before I purchase.
If I have to upsize my trailer it's not the end of the world. Just thought I would throw it out there on an open forum to see if someone had done it or what people thought.
A larger trailer is in the our future anyway as the current is getting small with 3 quads and a dirt bike and now this mav.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
ya , to get u by for now till new trailer , u could air down tires ,make smaller wooden wheels if ur handy , or a shorter cage or chop ur top, while ur at it u can soften up the suspension some and that will help a hair or to , they say it needs to be done anyways lol

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It might help if you put what state you live in? I would wait for the 2014 model personally. You are not going to save enough money to offset the depreciation on a new 13 once the 14's hit the showroom.
I'm in Washington state. Why does it matter? That is why I put the price for tax as well as fees. I am aware of the changes to be made to the 2014. I know that nobody is going to be discounting those like they are the 2013. I already plan to have to do clutch upgrades. I don't think we need the power steering as this will only be used on the Oregon coast in the sand dunes. Same thing other than color, front diff and power steering.
Or is there something you can tell me that would make me want to pay thousands more for the 2014.
If I was worried about the depreciation on a toy I wouldn't be buying one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts