Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HCR RACING, the first in the industry to release the new Long Travel suspension for the 2013 Can Am Maverick. After countless hours of research and development, HCR is proud to showcase the newest line in our fleet of performance products at the 2013 King of the Hammers race event. Come on down and check us out!

2013 Can Am Maverick Specs:
4" Wider Per Side = 8" Wider Overall
Will still fit in a toy hauler under 70" wide
2” forward, 1” rear = 3” longer wheel base for more stability and better handling
Added ground clearance without raising overall height under key components
2.5 King Racing shocks standard with HCR Kit
Compression adjusters standard with 30% adjustment
Summers bros 4340 axles
18+" of travel
100% Made in the USA
Hand Tig Welded for strength and appearance
Uses Stock ball joints to increase low speed steering and travel
CNC bent for repeatability
Chromalloy mount points for strength

front left.jpg

rear right.jpg

front right.jpg

staright on.jpg

Check us out at HCR Racing, LLC

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Damn that thing looks like it will work very well. Amos are you getting one?

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Looks great and they make good stuff. I figured someone would come out with a long travel kit for the Maverick.

Do they have a video of it in action?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Holy crap....18" of travel. That is damn serious right there!!
The mounting points for the shocks are probably moved out a little, so the stock shock may work but most likely not.
Also, probably going to need some fender flares for sure!!!

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they say 4" Wider Per Side = 8" Wider Overall
Will still fit in a toy hauler under 70" wide

stock is 64 , plus 8'' is 72'' , they must place the spindle back a 1'' on all 4 corners ?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
i like it, just not crazy about replacing already 2.5 inch top notch shocks which are not cheap ones by no means, there top of line by themself. will it work out without replacing stock shocks?

·
Registered
58 Posts
i like it, just not crazy about replacing already 2.5 inch top notch shocks which are not cheap ones by no means, there top of line by themself. will it work out without replacing stock shocks?
People who didn't buy the X rs will be buying up those shocks most likely, so there should be a market if you choose to sell.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
problem there is the sells of mavericks is over 9 to 1, almost all are buying the xrs, i was told that by a senior rep for canam, then decided to do a survey one day, and sure enough it was 9 xrs to 1 base. for the 1500 difference in the cost of the base and xrs, i must assume those few who buy base are good with the shocks, or surely would not be into spending a thousand plus for them when they could have got it to start for 1500 plus got all teh extras. that would worry me on resale, now other brands of sxs might buy assuming it all fits ok. still, i would worry what sales and amount i could really get. would be simple and nice if stockers worked with it
People who didn't buy the X rs will be buying up those shocks most likely, so there should be a market if you choose to sell.

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
problem there is the sells of mavericks is over 9 to 1, almost all are buying the xrs, i was told that by a senior rep for canam, then decided to do a survey one day, and sure enough it was 9 xrs to 1 base. for the 1500 difference in the cost of the base and xrs, i must assume those few who buy base are good with the shocks, or surely would not be into spending a thousand plus for them when they could have got it to start for 1500 plus got all teh extras. that would worry me on resale, now other brands of sxs might buy assuming it all fits ok. still, i would worry what sales and amount i could really get. would be simple and nice if stockers worked with it

Wtf? Stop drinking and typing.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
i think he sells a decoder for his post ! , lol jk

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just made another strong point not to buy the Wildcat. Wonder which will cost more... Turbo to make 'cat go or this suspension to make the Maverick float...?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Just made another strong point not to buy the Wildcat. Wonder which will cost more... Turbo to make 'cat go or this suspension to make the Maverick float...?

thats easy , a turbo cat will blow up ,

a super suspension maverick will blow everything away, lol

Reactions: StefCom

·
Registered
9,352 Posts
Suspension will be more expensive than a turbo, but it will be way more realiable than a turbo! My guess is the suspension is going to run over $6,000.

I would love to see how they did the rear suspension arms. Next question is how the long travel changes the steering, if at all.

I hope they post a video of it in action. The video they have of the xp900 with their suspension is awesome.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Some updates on pricing, actual width etc...

Price is $5999 and that includes the newest King 2.5's

on the question about the actual width of the car after the new suspension is on, HCR says their kit is a true 4+ on each side (total of 8 inch wider and wheelbase is 3" longer) and if you add that to the width that Can Am says the car is (64) that would make the car obviously 72 wide.. but in reality the car when measured out is only really 61.5...so the HCR car with factory rims (factory offset) is just under 70 inches...69 something HCR said.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts