Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forums and Can Am. I'm sure the topic has been beat to death and there is probably a thousand posts but I'm having problems finding them. I need a storage box that takes up as much space in the back of my 2013 maverick 1000r. Mainly for mud reduction and storage. Does the x3 have a similar shape to the trunk? Will an x3 Ryfab box fit? I've looked at the linq 32 gal but have heard it is cheaply made for how expensive it is. I also looked at a Husky box but it doesn't fill the gaps in the trunk area very well. Any ideas?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forums and Can Am. I'm sure the topic has been beat to death and there is probably a thousand posts but I'm having problems finding them. I need a storage box that takes up as much space in the back of my 2013 maverick 1000r. Mainly for mud reduction and storage. Does the x3 have a similar shape to the trunk? Will an x3 Ryfab box fit? I've looked at the linq 32 gal but have heard it is cheaply made for how expensive it is. I also looked at a Husky box but it doesn't fill the gaps in the trunk area very well. Any ideas?

I'm using the Husky box. I had thought I'd be annoyed that it didn't fill all the gaps too. There's maybe a 1-2" gap on both sides. I haven't missed it at all. It looks good and you can fit a ton in the box. I have recovery stuff, tire repair stuff, belt, tools and water and there is still tons of room left. Just my opinion, it's plenty especially for the price. In full transparency though, I've not yet overlanded in it. Just day excursions w/ lunch/water and some basics. I really don't expect it to be a problem when I do though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I was mainly worried about the mud packing up in there. Lol. I know, I know, it's meant to get dirty. I live in Northern Minnesota clay and it can be a pain and sometimes damaging when it gets packed into to key areas. I could always fill in the blanks with plastic.

·
Registered
2016 Maverick 1000r Turbo Xds
38 Posts
Tusk Part# 1275780007

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks. I was mainly worried about the mud packing up in there. Lol. I know, I know, it's meant to get dirty. I live in Northern Minnesota clay and it can be a pain and sometimes damaging when it gets packed into to key areas. I could always fill in the blanks with plastic.

Fair point. I live in Idaho so not so much on mud but I do get plenty of dirt and caked mud on the rig and down in those pockets. I tried washing it out the other day and signed it off for a lost cause unless I unbolt the box which isn't that hard to do but wasn't worth it to me... ;)

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I have that bag and it's great, it's thick material and should last for years. I would say that's the way to go! I had it mounted on the back but I recently added a roof rack and have the bag on my roof now...

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Nearly everyone uses a large bow case....fits perfectly !

Reactions: Sbcuffer

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well darn …….I swear I’ve seen people use the bow case on the OG’s, the non turbo

I’ve seen it on X3 and trail many times. Isn’t the base in the back the same on x3 and OG ? It looks the same .

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I found that I can’t use any soft bags or soft coolers. They get covered in mud and wet dust and will not open or close properly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You all are great! Should have found this forum along time ago. Would have helped in my struggles!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I believe the bow box doesn't fit in the OG's

Barbara

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
I thought I had seen several OG’s with the box case !

Attachments

Reactions: BLR and Sbcuffer
1 - 17 of 17 Posts