Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find a thread on this after a quick man scan. was out for a ride on my 2013 maverick 1000rsx and noticed heat starting to climb on the gauge. Cool day and open trail so no reason for this. slowed down and temp kept climbing. until machine went into safe/limp mode. shut off machine and there was no fan on. Built fire and drank beer then fired up to go home. No bars showed on the gauge even after five minute rip home. Still no fan. replaced fan relay . cheap place to start. no joy. found a single posted code on machine p0118 engine temp sensor voltage too high. replaced temp sensor. while in town picking up sensor my dad says he keyed it on and everything was working. temp was showing and fan kicked on at five bars. i had already bought the sensor so i put it in anyway. Now nothing showing again on heat gauge after warm up and no fan. i unplugged the sensor and the fan kicks on. WtF??? The shop is 25 clicks away and im still under the price of an hour diaognostic, 120.00!!! Any ideas out there??

1 - 1 of 1 Posts