Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my Maverick 12/19/2012. I have a 2011 Commander 1000X with all the performance mods. I'm a old racer and I've had a blast with it in the mountains and Dunes. I finally had time to finish putting the skid plates, roof and harnesses in the Maverick last week. Went out for a 90 mile ride last Thursday. Thanks to glamisfan I softened up the shocks before I went riding. WOW! Can-am really built a beautiful performance machine. The suspension at high speeds is smooth as silk. We went from 1100 feet up to 7000 feet through the Parker mine area. That's really some rough riding and hill climbing through the rock beds. I was going over twice the speed that I ride that area with my commander. In the Maverick it was like a Sunday drive. I've got over 26k in my commander and like I said I've had a blast with it. I love that bad boy but after driving my Maverick at mock 2 down the mountain it's like going from driving a Ferrari to a dump truck.

We're heading out again this Thursday for some more power riding...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol No, I have over 26 thousand dollars in that bad boy. The machine has 4,767 miles on it. The skid plates on the Maverick are can-am. No one has the plastic ones yet. Factory ATV is working on building templates for them as we speak. I can't ride in the mountains here without skid plates so I installed the can-am plates for now. The skid plates on my commander look like a bomb went off under it.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
lol No, I have over 26 thousand dollars in that bad boy. The machine has 4,767 miles on it. The skid plates on the Maverick are can-am. No one has the plastic ones yet. Factory ATV is working on building templates for them as we speak. I can't ride in the mountains here without skid plates so I installed the can-am plates for now. The skid plates on my commander look like a bomb went off under it.
Yeah, I took my Maverick down to Factory UTV yesterday to get fitted with some UHMW. They should be ready in about a week I'm guessing.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I feel the same way and I have upgraded from a built 880 08 Teryx. Much more comfortable and the stock power is impressive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts