Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time for my first service on my maverick and am supposed to drop it off today. They are telling me $350 for the first service. Is this reasonable?

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's a good price. I paid little over $300 thats cause I had the recall done at the same time. It saved me hour of labor.

·
Registered
128 Posts
350 is good but make sure they are checking the valves and re torquing the head down for that money, labor rates vary from place to place but again 350 is very reasonable if they are doing everything they are supposed to do, we have had two mavs at their first service actually need the valves doing not just checking and tight valves are a recipe for a short low power motor life!

·
Registered
20 Posts
350 is good but make sure they are checking the valves and re torquing the head down for that money, labor rates vary from place to place but again 350 is very reasonable if they are doing everything they are supposed to do, we have had two mavs at their first service actually need the valves doing not just checking and tight valves are a recipe for a short low power motor life!
Exactly!

I've heard a lot of dealers don't touch the valves on the first service. My dealer said not to check them until the 40hr mark. Not sure how true that is, but i'll start another topic on that one. I know I did my first service myself on my other two can-ams. At 12 hrs on my Outlander 1000, two of the valves were extremely tight.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I wish i were as lucky as ya'll... all the dealers here want 450-500. they guarantee everything, including valves to be done and not just looked at... guess i gotta just bite the bullit. but, i at least i trust em' to make sure it ALL gets done right!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well, if the valve covers are easy to remove once the plastics are off, I'll be checking/adjusting them myself. Getting those valve covers off has been the hardest part for me in the past. Once you get them off, it's a very quick job.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
What are the specs for the valve clearance?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I need a service manual... Please lol.... If I do it myself it gets done...
Otherwise we all know what happens if you rely on others to do a job in this day & age...
Sad But True...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts