Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at putting different wheels and tires on and had a couple questions.

I see the XRC has 32" tires on 15" wheels, Does BRP do anything as far as clutching or gearing for the different tire size?
Or just throw larger wheels and tires on and call it good?

259 Posts
I was looking at putting different wheels and tires on and had a couple questions.

I see the XRC has 32" tires on 15" wheels, Does BRP do anything as far as clutching or gearing for the different tire size?
Or just throw larger wheels and tires on and call it good?
Power has gone up to help compensate for the larger wheels and tires plus they have made some changes to the clutches. Let me know if i can help you out with those wheels and tires or any other parts your looking for.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
They might have, can you check with your dealer to see if the clutching is different on the XRC? They should be able to look it up on their parts diagrams.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
I would run those stock 32" Liberties. They are a good tire. When you destroy or wear them out then go get new tires.

The RC RR should be clutched to handle the 32" tires.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
I would run those stock 32" Liberties. They are a good tire. When you destroy or wear them out then go get new tires.

The RC RR should be clutched to handle the 32" tires.
j

op got a xrs , thats. Why he’s asking about the clutching

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
j

op got a xrs , thats. Why he’s asking about the clutching
Oh! The title makes it sound like he got a RC RR. The XRS will run 32" tires on the stock clutch no problem in the desert. I have been running 32s in the dirt for lots of miles and my sand set up the past Glamis season was 32" tires as well.

·
Premium Member
8,991 Posts
Thanks. Hope it is fun as it looks
Let's put it this way, if you can't have fun with that car, it won't be the car's fault! It's so cool when they introduce new color schemes. That car definitely stands out.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Let's put it this way, if you can't have fun with that car, it won't be the car's fault! It's so cool when they introduce new color schemes. That car definitely stands out.
I do enjoy the color's, The only difficulty is new colors and all the cool accessories are not the right colors.

I ordered 2 more factory front wheels, and 32x10r14 4 Maxxis Liberty tires. I am not sure if I should do that though or try and find some 15" wheels.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Saw EVO got one and put it on the dyno....stock 158 hp to the ground compared to 138 on the 18-19 models.

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,055 Posts
I do enjoy the color's, The only difficulty is new colors and all the cool accessories are not the right colors.

I ordered 2 more factory front wheels, and 32x10r14 4 Maxxis Liberty tires. I am not sure if I should do that though or try and find some 15" wheels.
if you go with 15’s you'll have a lot more choices of tires and if your gonna get new tires might spend a little time and do some research on tire and a nice set of rims if you want to save some money stay away from the parts counter at the stealership , craig at proutv has great prices on tires bfg km3’s are a great tire and you can get them in 14” if you want to stay with the stock rims

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks. I put on 15" and 32" BFG KM3's. I started a little break in routine. Couldn't resist lighting it up a little. Was near a friends house today where we are legal on road so did a couple mile loops, let it cool off an hour, did another loop and some laps around his fields. I do really wish it had a open diff option in 2 wheel drive already.

My brakes feel really soft. Now, I'm coming off of only having experience with my Honda Pioneer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts