Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for ideas on a roof rack for my 2 seater other than the $550 can am adventure. Planning on throwing a spare and some fuel up there. Trying to stay away from the Chinese crap that is going to rust within a year.

·
Premium Member
11,825 Posts
Look at some of our Supporting Vendors.

·
Premium Member
7,724 Posts
Here's mine. Nash Powersports was selling these at one time. All aluminum and lots of secure points but very pricey.

About a grand.

Tim

Attachments

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Registered
51 Posts
How did you mount that to your cage?
Looking back it was probably not the best way to do it. I laid it out to where it hit the cross member tubes on my cage, drilled and bolted directly through the tubes. Got a bunch of different sized spacers from mcmaster to make it sit as low as possible. Also used some saddle washers on the inside so the button head allens sit nice and flush.

·
Premium Member
8,751 Posts
I laid it out to where it hit the main tubes on my cage, drilled and bolted directly through the tubes. Got a bunch of different sized spacers from mcmaster to make it sit as low as possible. Also used some saddle washers on the inside so the button head allens sit nice and flush.
Yikes, holes through the roll cage that saves your ass when you roll over?

better off having tabs welded to cage or clamps around the roll cage than drilling holes in the cage.

·
Registered
976 Posts
If you are handy and can adapt it these look nice on two seaters that have flat roofs. I havent seen any that use the stock roof that look great cause they all sit so high. I went with the cheapest rack i could for this reason cause i know it wont be on the car very much

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I actually purchased one from DMX Performance. Very easy to work with and come powdered coated what ever color you need. Fernando is one of the owners and helped me match my rack and rock sliders to my Bronze Method Wheels. He did a jam up job. Very reasonably priced as well.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I actually purchased one from DMX Performance. Very easy to work with and come powdered coated what ever color you need. Fernando is one of the owners and helped me match my rack and rock sliders to my Bronze Method Wheels. He did a jam up job. Very reasonably priced as well.
View attachment 267573 View attachment 267574 View attachment 267575
I like the design and fact that you can get color matched powder coat, but looking at the pics the welds look questionable. How long have you had yours mounted and are you seeing any cracks or powder coat issues? How would you rate the quality?

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I like the design and fact that you can get color matched powder coat, but looking at the pics the welds look questionable. How long have you had yours mounted and are you seeing any cracks or powder coat issues? How would you rate the quality?
So I installed these at the end of Nov 2020. The quality was decent. I mean at the end of the day you get what you pay for and these are $300 powder coated. But I feel like for the money I got way more value out of it. I have not noticed any structural issues at all. I've slammed my rock sliders against some solid stuff and no problems. On the rack the bottom expanded metal is kind of thin fyi!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I installed these at the end of Nov 2020. The quality was decent. I mean at the end of the day you get what you pay for and these are $300 powder coated. But I feel like for the money I got way more value out of it. I have not noticed any structural issues at all. I've slammed my rock sliders against some solid stuff and no problems. On the rack the bottom expanded metal is kind of thin fyi!
Appreciate the feedback. Thanks

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
I second DMX Performance, im running there rack on my maxx, No complaints from me except the shipper dropped it LOL. The only thing I would add is a Rubber cow mat when not loaded it does vibrate

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
100 dollar generic rack from amazon. Welded tabs to the bottom of it and matching tabs to the cage. Done. Actually now that I think about it I did cut a few inches out of the middle to shorten it to fit my roof. Bottom line is if you or someone you know can fabricate, taking something like this and adapting it is pretty easy. If not you're stuck probably paying at least 400 bucks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Does the DMX attach with the quarter turn fasteners used for the Can Am roof or does it get bolted?

·
Registered
9,862 Posts
Does the DMX attach with the quarter turn fasteners used for the Can Am roof or does it get bolted?
No it bolts to the cage. In the corners your remove the quarter turn fasteners and replace with a bolt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the info. Anyone aware of a shipping discount for the DMX? $120 on their website

1 - 20 of 22 Posts