Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wanting a winch for my mav. Was wondering if anyone has a 2" receiver hitch winch that goes in the front or the back instead of getting two winches. I would store the winch in my storage box in the back until I would need it or leave it in one of the receivers (front or back). Just wondering if this would be a bad idea and just stick to front mounted winch. thanks

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yup i have that one also. Killer price too

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm in the process of setting one up like this now, getting Alex with CT to modify a front bumper to accomadate a BRP 2" reciever that bolts to a winch plate. Probably be another month or two before I have everything though.

Reactions: Ignore Amos

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I seen that on ebay, but I wanted to mount the winch on a hitch that would go into the receivers either front or back. would have to fab a receiver for the front but I think it would work. the only thing that would suck if your stuck and need to put the winch in, u would get a little muddy.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Ebay has 2 inch recievers with a winch plate welded to them. Just what your looking for. So you could plug it in the front and rear. You will need quick disconnects for the electrical though.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have that type of setup on my truck, I love it. Here are the type on quick connects I have. they make them in bigger/smaller sizes as well. I bought like 10 sets! put on front and rear of 2 of our trucks, winch, dump traielrs, etc, another cool thing is get a extra set to make some jumper cables with. quick connect on one in, jaws clamps on the other, then you just plug in and go! I even have my tractor setup with quick connect for some of the attch's. I have for it! they are handy as can be!! Just be sure to fuse them off your bat. I used like a mega fuse holder, works great!
$T2eC16FHJGgFFm6PEV9bBS,TySDfZQ~~60_35.jpg

Reactions: Zakka

·
Registered
527 Posts
Here's what your after I think??
147950100.jpg

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I have that type of setup on my truck, I love it. Here are the type on quick connects I have. they make them in bigger/smaller sizes as well. I bought like 10 sets! put on front and rear of 2 of our trucks, winch, dump traielrs, etc, another cool thing is get a extra set to make some jumper cables with. quick connect on one in, jaws clamps on the other, then you just plug in and go! I even have my tractor setup with quick connect for some of the attch's. I have for it! they are handy as can be!! Just be sure to fuse them off your bat. I used like a mega fuse holder, works great!

View attachment 8507
Those are the ticket there!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
UTV Winch Mounts

Here is one place, looks like they offer premade quick connect cables as well. I know ebay has plates as well, search atv winch receiver. They make them with or without the handles on the side, my truck winch has handles, makes it very nice to move around!

·
Registered
57 Posts
How about modifying a brp multimount for the commander? I think only difference on the front would be the angle the winch is mounted,if I'm correct...

2014 Can-Am Commander XT-P 1000 with some addons...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I searched ebay and found a couple I liked with handles. the motoalliance one looks like a good price, just need a pic. More expensive to do it this way but at least it can be used front or back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts