Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been Approved, just need to pull trigger.
Are shocks that big of a issue or not.
Was set on 2013 XRS but now leaning toward 2014 White Base Model.
I Like the White, also that it being the newer year with a couple of improvements.
I believe the frame gussets , Clutch anything else ?
Dealer just called, I had ? on 3 year warranty they want $500 more.
So i asked him about 2013 clutch he said they just get washer bolt update.
That might be the deciding factor for me no band-aids on brand New Machine
Just be sport driving, not racing. Thanks for any info from base Model Guys.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Been Approved, just need to pull trigger.
Are shocks that big of a issue or not.
Was set on 2013 XRS but now leaning toward 2014 White Base Model.
I Like the White, also that it being the newer year with a couple of improvements.
I believe the frame gussets , Clutch anything else ?
Dealer just called, I had ? on 3 year warranty they want $500 more.
So i asked him about 2013 clutch he said they just get washer bolt update.
That might be the deciding factor for me no band-aids on brand New Machine
Just be sport driving, not racing. Thanks for any info from base Model Guys.
Desert racing trucks use 2.0 shocks. That should sum that one up. Upgrade bolt/washer? No big deal. Still the same thing. Added gussets: it will help with safety if you are upside down. Sounds like you won't be abusing this thing. I would save the money for future accessories.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The 2.5 shocks sre way better than 2.0. Guys are bottoming out on the 2.0 areed is working on valving and spring package for 2.0 he is almost there with testing right now. If you can swing it get the xrs. The white is real nice though. With the xrs package you get what you pay for its def worth it. But its all in your budget. The updated fix on the clutch bolt for 13 is what the 14 is using. What ever you decide you will love it. Welcome to the club bud. Where in mich you from? Us mich guys need to get together and ride. Would be bad ass to see a bunch of mavs together ripping it through the woods.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I would get the 2013 XRS and not look back! As long as they do the stud/nut upgrade and the starter your golden.... Gusset kit and tie rods are a must on any of the models.... I'm 770 miles into my 13 XRS and love it haven't had an issue other than putting gas in it. No belt/clutch issues and I'd dont ride slow... XRS has beadlocks, better gauges, steering wheel, 2.5 shocks...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I have the Base Model, And my 2.0 Rear shocks would bottom out occasionally on Jumps, Bottom of a Dune, whoops, and especially with 2 people. I dialed up the compression Knob on the rears 7 or 9 clicks and it greatly reduced that problem. All my friends who ride Quads and Dirt bikes always comment on how smooth the maverick rides across Choppy dunes and rocky trails. It is really impressive how well these ride across rough terrain!

Be sure to pull apart your shock bushings and make sure they are greased... Mine weren't!...

·
Registered
395 Posts
In stock form the 2.0's are much smoother in the woods then the 2.5"s But the 2.5's are stiffer and won't bottom out as bad jumping, but not as smooth in the woods. Alex has already fiqured out the 2.5's for the best of both worlds. And we are very close on the 2.0's We have the 2.0's dialed in on the track, just have not had a chance to put the 2.0's in the woods yet. Too much rain. They will be tested in WV next weekend, we don't won't to loose the plushness that they have stock and keep them from bottoming out on the track. I promise the wait will be worth it if you can hang on another week or so. I really like what I feel so far on the track.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Steve I'm just waiting for your feedback to see how your shocks do in WV.
The 2.0 shocks are a very plush shock due to all the bleed in the shock. It makes for a soft ride but hurts the pure performance aspect of them. We're trying to find a balance between the two so aggressive trail riders can have more bottoming resistance but maintain a smooth ride. The XRS shocks without a doubt are firmer than the stock 2.0 base shock. They don't have any bleed and are setup to be a performance based shock even though the lack the full performance package. The 2.5 have more build potential for racing but the 2.0 do better on the trail in my opinion.
From a upgrade standpoint from me the 2.0 shocks are $975 to build and the 2.5 shocks are $1250 so which ever one you end up with that will give you an idea of what they cost to be made right IF you don't like them in stock form.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
I've got Steve testing them and then Craig will be testing them out west to see how they work on both coasts. If we need anyone else to test Ill let you know. Thanks

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've got Steve testing them and then Craig will be testing them out west to see how they work on both coasts. If we need anyone else to test Ill let you know. Thanks
I was just messing with ya...tried to put a wink wink at the end but it wouldn't work. I knew you already had testers.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Cant you add the XRS cluster to the 2014 model, add your own steering wheel and wheels to compliment the package if a guy wanted white?? Prob cheaper than buying all the plastics!

Do all the 2014 models get power steering and QE front diff??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts