Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put coil spring spacers on these shocks to gain some lift. And if so where did you find them? I am thinking of having some made on a CNC machine if I can’t buy some I am looking for a couple of inches of lift if possible. When I put a jack under the mav it lifts about 4 inches before the tires start to lift off the floor so I know it can be lifted a bit more And I have tried it. The axles do not bind even when the tires are hanging in the air. Just for info purposes I have a 2017 maverick xmr 1000R.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Macdad260. The xmr comes with the preloaded screwed all the way to the bottom. No more room to adjust.
That is why I am wondering if anyone has added spacers?
i don’t know what Maverick your driving. Mine is NOT the x3. I know the x3 can be adjusted for about a mile. Lol. Mine is the 1000r and from the dealer it was cranked to the max on the shock adjuster, pre load .

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had a 2013 XRS and my son has one. That is odd that they are already turned down all the way. You might need a lift kit to get some more ride height. Good luck.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xrs is a different setup. Mine is xmr. And I have a lift kit. Just looking for a couple inches or so. Probably just leave it alone if I was to actually raise it anymore I will have to work on my garage door it’s a little over 7 ft tall and I am about 1/2 inch from hitting it when I pull in. Oh well I was just hunting for information. Thanks to all that looked and those that replied. See ya on the trails

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just FYI. Having come from a past filled with high powered long travel sandcars, I can tell you that droop is just as important as any other suspension setting when it comes to proper handling and ride comfort. Something to think about. I have seen so many guys out in Glamis with their 100k sandcars jack to the max of their limit straps because it looks cool and they buck on down the road....

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mostly only ride in mud and rutted trails so clearance is more important than ride. I mean heck I bought an Xmr Ride was never a concern It’s all about clearance and keeping the tires touching the bottom of the mud hole before the skip plate drags too much. Lol. But I do appreciate your input for sure. I honestly never drive over 15 mph for more than 100yards. And then may not even hit 25 mph. So plushness is over rated for me. Lol. I have my truck for that. Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you find spring spacers?
Polaris makes a rubber spring spacers for there Ranger when a snow plow is added. Under $20 bucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts