Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to get her dirty today. Took the Mavrick, the wife, and my bro-in-law out to El Mirage dry lake this morning. After getting unloaded, the wife and I jumped in and hit the 1st trail we spotted and went for about an hour long ride. We did some tight trails, some open trails and some hill climbing. I was really impressed with the way the Mavrick handled everything with ease. The thing climbs like a billygoat in both 2 and 4 wheel drive. We were hitting 50 to 60 mph on the more open trails and washes, and the tighter trails were just no match for the Mav's excellent handling. When we got back to the trailer, my bro-in-law could see the huge smiles my wife and I both had befor we even got our helmets off.

Then I took my bro-in-law for a ride. Everytime we came up on a set of whoops doing 35-40 mph, he started saying "WHOA". Then after, he be like "Oh, that was nothing...". We headed down to the dry lake bed, where I let her rip. We hit 77mph. Now mind you, Im about 200lbs, and bro-in-law is a BIG boy at almost 375 lbs. I never did any ajusting to the shocks from factory settings, and we only bottomed out 1 time that I noticed. Big boy was so impressed, I think he trying to talk my sister into letting hm get one at this very moment.

After todays ride,I really could'nt be happier about the Mavrick. IMO, Can Am hit a home run with this one. I can hardly wait to get this thing out to the dunes next month ( the wife made me swear not to go befor she takes her vacation). 035.jpg

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
awesome

same for me 1st ride today with the wife SMILES the whole time ! what a machine

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Congrats and Yep they are pretty darn impressive for a stock machine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts