Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright headed to busco beach for my 1st good ride with the family, will be there sat and sun. never been there but looks like a good atv park. any of you that have been there id like to hear from ya, any good tips to make it a better weekend. looks like we will be camping.

·
Registered
228 Posts
its a great place,We go all the time ,,just watch some of them holes they don't look deep,haha have a good time

·
Registered
11 Posts
Busco is a great place to ride with the family. We head down there at least twice a year from Michigan with the maverick and lots of other toys. Gets very soupy by the river and some deep holes but never had a problem going anywhere in the park.

·
Vendor
6,219 Posts
Busco is the most dangerous place I've ever been. Someone that likes to haul the mail will be at risk to hit someone head on in the woods since there are no marked or one way trails. If you like mud, like to cruise and drink this place will be paradise for you.

·
Registered
461 Posts
It is pretty fun for the partier. I think they just put a cap on night riding there, which is my favorite part of riding. Trails are just basically a ton on spots where people weave back and forth in the woods, with no real direction. If you don't like mud, its probably nit for you. Hopefully they drained it since I was down there for labor day, because half the park was under water!

·
Registered
395 Posts
No cap on night riding, been there at least 100 times in the past 5 or 6 years. People are riding and drag racing ALL NIGHT LONG. Still hear them at 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning, then I guess they pass out or finally go to bed. It's fun for a few times but then gets old. Be careful and keep your headlights on. There has been some major accidents and some deaths. Just be smart, its worth riding, a very neat setup a a lot of black mud down by the river. Have fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you go to Busco, two things you had better have......
#1- A GOOD helmet
#2- FULL coverage insurance
I have a buddy that bought a brand new Maverick from Performance East and 3 hours later it was totaled by a drunk on a borrowed RZR going wide open..... He was VERY lucky he wasn't hurt.......

·
Registered
461 Posts
No cap on night riding, been there at least 100 times in the past 5 or 6 years. People are riding and drag racing ALL NIGHT LONG. Still hear them at 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning, then I guess they pass out or finally go to bed. It's fun for a few times but then gets old. Be careful and keep your headlights on. There has been some major accidents and some deaths. Just be smart, its worth riding, a very neat setup a a lot of black mud down by the river. Have fun.
I have been there a bunch too. Its always been fun night riding. They either just started the cap or are about to because there is a big petition going around to end the curfew.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the family and I went had a blast ......untiiillll.......the......dreaded.......TIIIIEEEERRRROOOODDDDSSSSSS. rode fri.and sat until the evening and then it happened the front passenger tierode broke by the time we got it back to camp the axle had busted and the tire came off rim and big hole in rim other than that she was a beast had a good time. real nice park would be a lot better in spring time and summer lots of different things to do. well guess ill be taking it back to dealer see what we can work out...i did pass my 10 hr mark so prob get that done while its there....hopefully not too much out of pocket....they REALLY do NEED to go to a solid tierod...cmon can am!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea the night riding is frowned on...currently u can ride up to 11pm then no riding it is being fought though so hopefully in the future this will change

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
well the family and I went had a blast ......untiiillll.......the......dreaded.......TIIIIEEEERRRROOOODDDDSSSSSS. rode fri.and sat until the evening and then it happened the front passenger tierode broke by the time we got it back to camp the axle had busted and the tire came off rim and big hole in rim other than that she was a beast had a good time. real nice park would be a lot better in spring time and summer lots of different things to do. well guess ill be taking it back to dealer see what we can work out...i did pass my 10 hr mark so prob get that done while its there....hopefully not too much out of pocket....they REALLY do NEED to go to a solid tierod...cmon can am!!!!!!!!!
give Alex a call and he will hook you up. It would have saved you money in the long run....

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
4seater broken tie rods.jpg 4seater broken tie rods2.jpg Well this is the damage...on day 2....when we were doin some trail riding.....all started from a broken tierod. Turned it into dealer today they said i should know by fri if it will fall under warranty...i will definitely be beefing up the tierods and possibly the axles now

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This was 1st day we got there and i had to find a good mudhole...lol...the 4th pic is us having to winch it from the side to get 1 side out of the mud and had 3 utv's winching from the rear...took us bout 2 hrs to get the bad boy out busco beachmud.jpg busco beachmud2.jpg busco beachmud3.jpg busco beachmud4.jpg busco beachmud5.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The 4th pic looks like you could be sucking in water !

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
That looks more like a fishing hole than a mud riding hole.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts