Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I have finally committed to race on April 18th for my 1st race ever:

I will be taking part in the "Pure 300". Here is the current build on my 2017 X3 XRS:

• Extreme Performance Cage
  • Extreme Performance doors
  • Extreme Performance front and rear bumpers
  • HCR Dual sport front and rear suspension
  • CT Race Worx upper shock mount
  • CT Race Worx front gusset kit
  • Stock Fox suspension worked by Shock Therapy
  • Front ST limit straps
  • Rear ST tow link support
  • Dual Full Throttle batteries under passenger seat
  • Switchpros SP-9100
  • Baja Designs Onx6 10" front amber light bar - bumper
  • Baja Designs Onx6 50" front light bar - top
  • Rugged Radios intercom and radio setup
  • Rugged Radios air pumper system
  • PCI/Lowrance Elite 9ti GPS (I believe this is the one I have)
  • OMF wheels with 32" Arisun Aftershock tires (5 total)
  • UMP Superfilter Canister
  • PwrTune stage 3 tune
  • Clutch work by Airdam
  • Treal Performance race side exit exhaust (soon to be installed)
  • Some other things I just can't remember.

This weekend, the X3 will be getting the CBR race radiator installed in the back. I will have to figure out how to re-route the CVT intake hoses.

I will also be purchasing the Pro Eagle CO2 Jack, fire extinguisher, extra front and rear axles, window nets and tool kit.

For personal safety I will be buying a racing suit and Hans device.

Question for you guys: Anything else I should be changing or adding? Any opinions/suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,019 Posts
Nice mods, nice car, nice truck! Only thing I can add is have a big budget for parts that break. Good luck, let us know how you did.

·
Registered
9,240 Posts
The AVE series is a great. Helped a friend several years ago during the June night race. The do a good job with the UTV races. Check their rule book to make sure you have everything for the class you will be racing.

Do you have a base camp radio so your pit crew can talk to you?
Don't forget fire extinguisher for the pit area.

Have fun out there!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice mods, nice car, nice truck! Only thing I can add is have a big budget for parts that break. Good luck, let us know how you did.
Thanks Hollywood. On the budget, that was the reason it took me so long to commit! All in from this point on.

The AVE series is a great. Helped a friend several years ago during the June night race. The do a good job with the UTV races. Check their rule book to make sure you have everything for the class you will be racing.

Do you have a base camp radio so your pit crew can talk to you?
Don't forget fire extinguisher for the pit area.

Have fun out there!
Good to know. I did hear about the base camp radio. I will add that to the list as well as the fire extinguisher.

·
Registered
462 Posts
You need a pit mat to prevent fuel spills contaminating the soil.
Program your radios with some different channels, so your not talking over another race team.
Make sure the roof is 1/8" minimum if aluminum over the occupants.
Good luck have fun , be safe

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not sure how the rules are with this organization, but in BITD we're not allowed to have doors that open. At least for the main class.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks promising! good luck, I'm jealous
Thanks man.

You need a pit mat to prevent fuel spills contaminating the soil.
Program your radios with some different channels, so your not talking over another race team.
Make sure the roof is 1/8" minimum if aluminum over the occupants.
Good luck have fun , be safe
Thanks for the info. I'll make sure to get the pit mat, different channels and verify the roof thickness.

Not sure how the rules are with this organization, but in BITD we're not allowed to have doors that open. At least for the main class.
From my understanding, the rules aren't as strict, but I might be wrong. I will be installing a secondary form of securing the doors in case the latches do fail.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think the rules on doors for this series is the same or similar to Ultra4 , I believe it's covered in the 2020 updated rules for series your entered. I've seen doors bolted shut as a acceptable secondary latch.

Ultra 4 rules
7.2.5 Doors are required but not required to open. If doors do open, a mechanical secondary latch is required. (zip ties, velcro, tape, do not count as mechanical)

With a new car it's always a good idea to present the car to pre-race tech as soon as possible so you find yourself scrambling to fix issues at the last minute .

·
Registered
121 Posts
My buddy raced that series for a few years and we helped pit. AVE does a pretty good job putting on the races. They're pretty relaxed as far as far as tech is, but I would reach out to Lou if you have questions, he's a good dude.
Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think the rules on doors for this series is the same or similar to Ultra4 , I believe it's covered in the 2020 updated rules for series your entered. I've seen doors bolted shut as a acceptable secondary latch.

Ultra 4 rules
7.2.5 Doors are required but not required to open. If doors do open, a mechanical secondary latch is required. (zip ties, velcro, tape, do not count as mechanical)

With a new car it's always a good idea to present the car to pre-race tech as soon as possible so you find yourself scrambling to fix issues at the last minute .
Thanks for the info Baja.

My buddy raced that series for a few years and we helped pit. AVE does a pretty good job putting on the races. They're pretty relaxed as far as far as tech is, but I would reach out to Lou if you have questions, he's a good dude.
Good luck and have fun!
Thanks man!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nice looking car! Do you have a co-driver? I'd suggest going the day before with the track download and pre running a time or two, even better if you can do this with your co-driver. Marking all the crazy spots and getting familiar with the course will certainly be beneficial. I'd also suggest another tire and wheel to leave in the pits and practicing your tire changes and refueling with your crew. If I don't have anything going on that weekend I'll come cheer you on...
Again, Good Luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Done fitting the radiator. Now moving onto the intercooler relocation. Then sending parts/brackets to powder coat.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Figured out your doors yet? I need to add 'mechanical secondary latch'. I'm thinking a pit pin with a hitch clip might fit the bill.

Find my review on the pro eagle if you haven't already purchased it. If you have definitely practice with it some before you need it.

If you don't already have dust/chase lights, look at Dunarri Pierce. I just got some and their pretty impressive.

Reactions: ivan1000r

·
Registered
94 Posts
Car looks awesome and loving the progress. I am also looking to race District-38 but here in San Diego area.
Are you planning on adding a Kill switch to your car? our cars are HAVE to have one in order to pass tech. How many fire extinguishers do you plan on running with? I would recommend at least two. One inside the cab and outside for emergency crews to access.

good luck

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Figured out your doors yet? I need to add 'mechanical secondary latch'. I'm thinking a pit pin with a hitch clip might fit the bill.

Find my review on the pro eagle if you haven't already purchased it. If you have definitely practice with it some before you need it.

If you don't already have dust/chase lights, look at Dunarri Pierce. I just got some and their pretty impressive.

Thanks for the info. With all the covid-19 stuff, project is held back at the moment.
Car looks awesome and loving the progress. I am also looking to race District-38 but here in San Diego area.
Are you planning on adding a Kill switch to your car? our cars are HAVE to have one in order to pass tech. How many fire extinguishers do you plan on running with? I would recommend at least two. One inside the cab and outside for emergency crews to access.

good luck
I was going to have to fire extinguishers mounted, but as far as the kill switch, I did not think about adding one.

The x3 is pretty much complete except for the re-routing of the cvt intakes. Shouldn't be too difficult to figure out. I will post pictures when I get it out of the garage, I've been working on my project foxbody... lol

1 - 20 of 23 Posts