Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my new to me 2019 x3 xmr.had 500 miles when i got it now has 600 miles on it heard a loud bang last nite maybe 5 or 6 times in a 3 mile ride,almost sounded like a rock hitting the skid plate,felt like it was underneath the drivers seat, i wouldnt of thought any thing about it except it happened again when i i started to go from a stop,i havent gone through it yet as it was late last nite when we got home,where should i start cv joints?? any opinions would be appreciated,thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
12,622 Posts
Loud noises from underneath can echo, and sound like it's coming from anywhere. Start with the easiest stuff first. Check your sway bars and links, see if they're loose. Next go to the clutch, see how that looks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Probably the frame poping.... both of mine has done it, my 18 xmr sounds like the frame is constantly popping during turning or any uneven Terrain, I have a frame stiffner just haven't installed it yet, seems to be the cure on alot of the bikes. Helped my 17 for sure

·
Banned
9 Posts
Loose sway bar link bolt. My 2019 XRC had me stumped for a bit. The bolt it was tight enough that i couldn't wiggle it around with my hand when i was looking for loose connections, but loose enough that under flex it would snap to the other side of the over sized hole. It sounded like someone was smacking the skid plate with a stick under my feet. I scraped the powder off under the sway bar bolts, tightened the crap out of them and never had a problem since .

·
Registered
3 Posts
my new to me 2019 x3 xmr.had 500 miles when i got it now has 600 miles on it heard a loud bang last nite maybe 5 or 6 times in a 3 mile ride,almost sounded like a rock hitting the skid plate,felt like it was underneath the drivers seat, i wouldnt of thought any thing about it except it happened again when i i started to go from a stop,i havent gone through it yet as it was late last nite when we got home,where should i start cv joints?? any opinions would be appreciated,thanks in advance
sounds like the sway bars - they need to be tight at the joint

·
Registered
'19 X3 XMR, 64",HL spring lift kit, 32" Carnivores, Audio roof, XDR HILL KILLER shifter.
10 Posts
My '19 X3 XMR did the same thing. I felt it in the foor as well. It turned out to be the front, driver side, sway-bar end link nut. They are known for this.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks guys ,the sway bar was loose,couldnt wiggle it by hand but with a wrench on it it was definatly loose,havnt taken it for a ride yet,but i hope it was the culprit

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine did make a lil clunk here and there and replaced em with a set from shock therapy and I've never had another issue with mine also

·
Registered
2021 Can Am Maverick X3 MAX XRS Turbo RR Smart Shox
14 Posts
My sway bar was popping on my brand new machine the very first trail ride. Got it figured out pretty quickly after searching on here. Tightened it up and not a peep 900 miles later. Hopefully that’s all it is.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts