Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help please. I have a 2018 Maverick Max Xmr. I have replaced the fan, thermostat, and burped the radiator. It’s almost going into limp mode sitting at idle for 20 minutes or less. Any idea what it could be.

·
Premium Member
10,097 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. First why would you let it idle for 20 minutes? Have you checked the radiator fins for being clogged with mud? Sounds like an air bubble. Did you pull the radiator cap, and see if you have flow when it starts warming up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m letting it sit and idle to see if it’s still running hot. Radiator is clean. Pulled it out last weekend and cleaned it. I’m going to bleed the system again today. I will check again but it seems to have flow. Thank you for your input.

·
Premium Member
10,097 Posts
If it's clean, and has flow, I'm think air bubble. Quick question, has it always been this way? Or has it just started recently since it's an 18?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
you can inspect impeller from rear engine by pulling the hose and nipple off engine and confirm its spinning. You can also grab both front coolant lines and make sure you have heat on both hoses? I have even pulled the drivers side upper hose off with car running to check for actual flow, not just a trickle either.

good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It just started. I didn’t use it very much through the winter and when spring came around, my first ride, the fan was barely moving. Replaced the fan and been chasing down the problem every since. When I replaced the fan, the coolant had never been changed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can inspect impeller from rear engine by pulling the hose and nipple off engine and confirm its spinning. You can also grab both front coolant lines and make sure you have heat on both hoses? I have even pulled the drivers side upper hose off with car running to check for actual flow, not just a trickle either.

good luck
I will give that a shot. I’m getting heat to upper hose for sure. I need to check the bottom hose. I will try that this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
also have you confirmed the cooling fan is coming on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts