141 - 155 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Reactions: shanefugere

·
Registered
179 Posts
Did anyone figure out if the cables are long enough for the Max? I have the 2015 turbo max and I'm interested in doing this if it works.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I am sorry, but this is one item that I believe we should not be cheap with. Razorback Technology Infrared temp gauge only. I want real time results. Just amazes me how we spend thousands of dollars on our machine, then try to save a buck. When it comes to performance, I think it is money well spent.

Razorback Technology

·
Premium Member
8,256 Posts
Kind of disappointing we need to even buy a belt temp gauge....what happened to drive it like you stole it....:furious:

I have one word.............Yamaha sequential shift................wait that's three words! Tim

Reactions: WADMASTER

·
Registered
2,963 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
New guy here, but wanted to give my 2cents.

I have a Mav Max (4 seater) with PRP seats.
The rear seats sit tight against the back and the drivers side is blocking the Secondary CVT intake.
Something to consider/ check if you have aftermarket seats.

I justbinstalled a blower to make sure the air is getting in. Re-routed the hose under the seat and out(behind the seat).
Then up to the bed area with a fan. I put a filter on the fan because of the location. Too much dust back there.
I would have to cover if raining or running hard in water.
Plan on testing Sunday to see if the temps are ok without running the fan all the time (CVT pulling air thru the filter element)
If not I will have to re-route to under roof area and remove the fan. (BTW running a Glow Shift Dual Intake Air Temp gauge. Air temp in & out)
(will post photos later today)

Rear Seat blocking CVT intake
Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Auto part Fender

·
Registered
273 Posts
Personally, a temp gauge is a good idea. Adding fans and taxing your power supply even further seems harder on electrical parts. I look at it this way. Can am has probably spent more money in testing each component than we have made over the years. Put a gauge on it and call it a day. Trying to save money on an unknown un tested format might work but i'd rather just spend the money and go riding and not worry if my test setup is calibrated correctly.

141 - 155 of 155 Posts