Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
121 - 140 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
So i would just like to know do you have to bring a ground wire down to the brass peace that mounts in the CVT outlet ? Mine lights up be wont read I also hooked my power drectly to my battery. Should i hook power to power that is wired to the key

·
Registered
222 Posts
i have a max and i was wundering the same thing for the wire, i dont think it will be long enough to reach the dash and i dont think we can extend the wire a few feet...

Gauge Measuring instrument Speedometer Tachometer Auto part

·
Premium Member
8,265 Posts
I have been thinking about a belt temp gauge, while I like to save money to me the Alba gauge is better because of the way the temps are laid out in a full sweep making it a little easier to see the temp, and the fact it only goes to 250 deg. jmho. Tim

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Reactions: Kalop

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I have mine mounted where it pretty easy to see with just a quick glance, and the large numbers on the guage make it easy to read even at 70+ mph on a trail. I like Alba's guage too, but I can think of plenty of other things to do with the money I saved.

EDIT: On this gauge, my normal operating temps are about 160 to 180 on hard pack desert, and 180 to 190 in the sand. I consider 190 time to cool things down...FWIW

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have mine mounted where it pretty easy to see with just a quick glance, and the large numbers on the guage make it easy to read even at 70+ mph on a trail. I like Alba's guage too, but I can think of plenty of other things to do with the money I saved.

EDIT: On this gauge, my normal operating temps are about 160 to 180 on hard pack desert, and 180 to 190 in the sand. I consider 190 time to cool things down...FWIW
Thanks that's very helpful data.

You have pic where you mounted it ? I'm sure you already posted it in this 13 pages or somewhere else... any ole' linky work.

I think the point FOR ME on this gauge is it gives me a reference.. right now being new to Maverick turbo.. I really have NO IDEA what belt temps are running, so even if this is off 10-20 degrees, it's irrelevant, because I can see trends and what makes it hot and if I ever DO break a belt, or even "smell" a belt... I'll have future reference of temps, etc. Great tool IMO.. and for $20, it's no brainer.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Thanks that's very helpful data.

You have pic where you mounted it ? I'm sure you already posted it in this 13 pages or somewhere else... any ole' linky work.

I think the point FOR ME on this gauge is it gives me a reference.. right now being new to Maverick turbo.. I really have NO IDEA what belt temps are running, so even if this is off 10-20 degrees, it's irrelevant, because I can see trends and what makes it hot and if I ever DO break a belt, or even "smell" a belt... I'll have future reference of temps, etc. Great tool IMO.. and for $20, it's no brainer.
No pic's but I mounted it in the triangular area below the starter button. I mounted the sensor in the rear upper exhaust vent tube. I used one of the brass fittings that came with the gauge (found a nut that fit the fitting to lock it down and a little silicone to seal it). If I get a chance tomorrow I'll snap a pic or 2 for you.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Reactions: Tmesic

·
Registered
99 Posts
Seems to work good... Just recently added so will see how it holds up after a few runs. Wish I had bought the duel temp that would read intake air temp as well as exhaust. Adding a new Qsc/STM clutch and second rear blower this week then I will have more seat time with it and report back. It only makes sense to measure cvt air temp with an air temp gauge.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Seems to work good... Just recently added so will see how it holds up after a few runs. Wish I had bought the duel temp that would read intake air temp as well as exhaust. Adding a new Qsc/STM clutch and second rear blower this week then I will have more seat time with it and report back. It only makes sense to measure cvt air temp with an air temp gauge.
Thanks did u have to run your wires from the sender unit to guage or did it come with wires?

·
Registered
99 Posts
bjd68, it comes with some wire...just not long enough to reach the supplied sensor I mounted in the cvt exhaust pipe..
Changes temp quickly

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Hi guys, been a while since I've read this subject. This is what I've done. #1 I moved my belt temp gage up top and put my volt gage down to the bottom
since I don't look at it much. #2, Now this is not cheep. I have a 2014 XRS. I bought the turbo, clutch cover, upper air exhaust duct, front exhaust 180',
bolt on primary fan blade, front exhaust flex, reused 2014 exhaust piece. 4' 3'' high temp brake flex, (jegs) for the rear cover exhaust out let,bottom floor-
bored ( cover under seat), Front floorboard rubber piece. ( this one takes some cutting on the floorboard). cost aprox $ 300.00. What did I gain? It cut my
belt temp by 40 degrees F. I did a 5mi run in sand wash in 90 degree heat and my belt temp only got to 155 degrees. Money well spent. I'm happy, shoe

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Okay, read all 14 pages of this thread. What is the final opinion regarding location of the probe? Ordered my Alba Gauge, and wanting to put it right the first time. Thanks for the feedback in advance.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Okay, read all 14 pages of this thread. What is the final opinion regarding location of the probe? Ordered my Alba Gauge, and wanting to put it right the first time. Thanks for the feedback in advance.
This is where I put mine on the Turbo Mav. Close to the same location as my last mav as well. The majority on here agree this is probably the best place to put it. I drill and tapped the plastic and just screwed it in and then soldered my ground wire to the probe and ran back into the factory harness. A little overkill but it works well.

Attachments

121 - 140 of 155 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.