Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Steve,

Did you run without a cover for awhile? I remember you welding up a guard incase your belt exploded. Did you get too much sand in it.
Yeah, I ran without one for about 700 miles, and I found that way too much sand got in there. I sprayed bed liner on the guard, and it got sand blasted off. Then I sealed the skid plate and made a rubber piece under/behind the cover under the drivers seat to try and seal out the sand spray, but it didn't seem to help. I also noticed that the inside center of the secondary (when spread open) was also sand blasted!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Thanks Glamisfan, what a great idea.
I did install mine today and had the same problem as others that the gage did not fit in the lower triangle of the dash, it was too deep.
So I relocated my Starter button and the Power plug to make some room for the gage.
Turned out nice. I also put in the plug for the wired winch remote.

I'm probably going to change the gage at a later point of time, they only had this one, unfortunately the scale of the gage is not the best to measure from 140-220 degree.

View attachment 7212 View attachment 7214
great idea! I all ready have 3 gauges in the top of the center console and CVT temp gauge in the lower triangle and am trying to figure out where to mount my AFR gauge.....this is exactly were I will put mine and will relocate either the starter button or the key to the lower right hand dash trim panel like you did......

·
Registered
225 Posts
great idea! I all ready have 3 gauges in the top of the center console and CVT temp gauge in the lower triangle and am trying to figure out where to mount my AFR gauge.....this is exactly were I will put mine and will relocate either the starter button or the key to the lower right hand dash trim panel like you did......
Glad to help Heavy.
You may better off to relocate the power outlet, I don't think the cables for the key or the starter button are long enough. Well. You always could extend them.

I did swap the gage for a digital one, love the look of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Glad to help Heavy.
You may better off to relocate the power outlet, I don't think the cables for the key or the starter button are long enough. Well. You always could extend them.

I did swap the gage for a digital one, love the look of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Thanks, I will probably do that and move the starter button over like you did.....or move both the ignition and starter button and have room for 2 gauges :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
has anyone put one of these in that go mudding? from the pic of it just being in the exhaust side clamped in between the hose and the plastic housing would leak. does being in water change the gauge when really the belt temp is still up higher?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
like mearsman said....install it and then put some silicone or RTV sealant over it to make it water tight.

Reactions: rchrisman1184

·
Registered
548 Posts
I bought the sunpro guage so calmav bought. It does not come with a wire to connect from the guage to the sensor. What wire do you use and what post on back of guage do u connect it too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
I got my guage installed and rode her hard today and never saw iver 175 degrees. It was 70 air temp today. I got qsc/stm combo and a 14 with extra exhaust on clutch cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 155 Posts