Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

172 to 195hp

16K views 25 replies 14 participants last post by  Rsikes 
#1 ·
I have a 2020 x3 rs r max. It has 172 hp. Is there a way to change it over to 195hp? I understand there are plenty of aftermarket options but I'm looking for an oem type upgrade. Thanks.

#3 ·
only rr cars are 195hp
and they have bigger injectors and a bigger turbo
a very expensive upgrade
also most aftermarket tunes around 200hp require bigger injectors

Reactions: Jimmy
#4 ·
Is there something the 172HP isn't getting done for you?

#12 ·
Search the site or do a Google search fer fooks-sake ya lazy bastaad! lol

I know I've read the specific differences between the R & the RR several times on here. I know just off the top of my head that the RR has a bigger intercooler & I believe the Turbo is bigger also but I think there are also a couple more items that do the deed all together & get that bid 195 HP number.

And keep in mind that 195 HP is with a stock tune &.. a HP number way over that 200 HP benchmark are acheivable with merely a tune &... a couple additional goodies bring in on even higher!

There is a Factory price difference of approximately 5 thousand dollars between the R & the RR so.. Ya, there are some things.

5 Large is a lot of money for a measly 23 HP! But shee-it, I went for it!
I was asking myself,..
'Who wants to be second best man?'
I don't think anybody does but yet, some still get bargained into it don't they?
Yup!

#18 ·
Search the site or do a Google search fer fooks-sake ya lazy bastaad! lol

I know I've read the specific differences between the R & the RR several times on here. I know just off the top of my head that the RR has a bigger intercooler & I believe the Turbo is bigger also but I think there are also a couple more items that do the deed all together & get that bid 195 HP number.

And keep in mind that 195 HP is with a stock tune &.. a HP number way over that 200 HP benchmark are acheivable with merely a tune &... a couple additional goodies bring in on even higher!

There is a Factory price difference of approximately 5 thousand dollars between the R & the RR so.. Ya, there are some things.

5 Large is a lot of money for a measly 23 HP! But shee-it, I went for it!
I was asking myself,..
'Who wants to be second best man?'
I don't think anybody does but yet, some still get bargained into it don't they?
Yup!
Go big or go home 😀

#14 ·
evo tune with stock exhaust, adjusting the crack pressure on the gate
with a stage 3r will get you 200 give or take. easy to do, they even sell the vacuum gauge to do it for like $65 or something. dont even have to go elsewhere to buy another item. $600 and some change is probably the easiest 28hp you will get from the machine. if you can get 93 octane or av fuel, youll really be set.

steve

Reactions: Mountain-Maverick
#15 ·
evo tune with stock exhaust, adjusting the crack pressure on the gate
with a stage 3r will get you 200 give or take. easy to do, they even sell the vacuum gauge to do it for like $65 or something. dont even have to go elsewhere to buy another item. $600 and some change is probably the easiest 28hp you will get from the machine. if you can get 93 octane or av fuel, youll really be set.

steve
Nice work Steve!

#16 ·
Ahh nothing that's hadn't already been posted numerous other times...

Was just burning time at work is all....

Steve

#22 ·
I ran AA 110 octane tune on my 172, they guarantee it to be around the 200 mark, I had ran a stage 3 from rvs prior, it was a night and day difference, they also recommended a intercoolerfan over ride to keep the intercooler cool, they said it wasnt nothing to see a 5hp change from an intercooler fan on constant with on and off wot runs vs it coming on and off with throttle at factory settings , but as stated the waste gate Crack pressure must be adjusted correctly, a lil mity vac hand pump works perfect for that.

#24 ·
I have a 2021 DS turbo R 172hp and recently someone I know is parting out their x3 which is a 2022 rs turbo RR with the 200hp wants to see what parts I would need to upgrade my horsepower from what I’ve seen here I think it’s the inner cooler and Injectors and a tune is there any differences in the turbos? Is the RR equipped with a bigger turbo? The parts are here for free so is there anything I need to make the conversion easier?