Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2020 x3 rs r max. It has 172 hp. Is there a way to change it over to 195hp? I understand there are plenty of aftermarket options but I'm looking for an oem type upgrade. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
only rr cars are 195hp
and they have bigger injectors and a bigger turbo
a very expensive upgrade
also most aftermarket tunes around 200hp require bigger injectors

Reactions: Jimmy

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm fine with the hp it has now. This was more a question just of curiosity of the differences.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same car, the dealer I bought mine from said they could do the upgrade to 195 hp for $600...the service guy said to wait until it's broken in to do it, I'm not sure what all is involved. I'm not disappointed with 172 HP...

·
Premium Member
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the same car, the dealer I bought mine from said they could do the upgrade to 195 hp for $600...the service guy said to wait until it's broken in to do it, I'm not sure what all is involved. I'm not disappointed with 172 HP...
I've heard the same thing. I'm happy with the 172 and most of the time it's hard to put that to the ground anyways. I was just curious what the differences were. I've changed almost everything on mine to make it an rr beside the hp difference.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Search the site or do a Google search fer fooks-sake ya lazy bastaad! lol

I know I've read the specific differences between the R & the RR several times on here. I know just off the top of my head that the RR has a bigger intercooler & I believe the Turbo is bigger also but I think there are also a couple more items that do the deed all together & get that bid 195 HP number.

And keep in mind that 195 HP is with a stock tune &.. a HP number way over that 200 HP benchmark are acheivable with merely a tune &... a couple additional goodies bring in on even higher!

There is a Factory price difference of approximately 5 thousand dollars between the R & the RR so.. Ya, there are some things.

5 Large is a lot of money for a measly 23 HP! But shee-it, I went for it!
I was asking myself,..
'Who wants to be second best man?'
I don't think anybody does but yet, some still get bargained into it don't they?
Yup!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
The only $600 upgrade is an AFTERMARKET tune.(you dont need a dealer for that). Nothing from Can-am at that price will get you to 195HP.

·
Registered
375 Posts
evo tune with stock exhaust, adjusting the crack pressure on the gate
with a stage 3r will get you 200 give or take. easy to do, they even sell the vacuum gauge to do it for like $65 or something. dont even have to go elsewhere to buy another item. $600 and some change is probably the easiest 28hp you will get from the machine. if you can get 93 octane or av fuel, youll really be set.

steve

Reactions: Mountain-Maverick

·
Registered
118 Posts
evo tune with stock exhaust, adjusting the crack pressure on the gate
with a stage 3r will get you 200 give or take. easy to do, they even sell the vacuum gauge to do it for like $65 or something. dont even have to go elsewhere to buy another item. $600 and some change is probably the easiest 28hp you will get from the machine. if you can get 93 octane or av fuel, youll really be set.

steve
Nice work Steve!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Ahh nothing that's hadn't already been posted numerous other times...

Was just burning time at work is all....

Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ahh nothing that's hadn't already been posted numerous other times...

Was just burning time at work is all....

Steve
Still, I've probably passed over it myself a couple but I got 'oldtimerz' so..
it's still nice to see ya break it on down like a boss.
Take da money & run bruddah. lol

Reading comprehension & retention is a beautiful thing man.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Search the site or do a Google search fer fooks-sake ya lazy bastaad! lol

I know I've read the specific differences between the R & the RR several times on here. I know just off the top of my head that the RR has a bigger intercooler & I believe the Turbo is bigger also but I think there are also a couple more items that do the deed all together & get that bid 195 HP number.

And keep in mind that 195 HP is with a stock tune &.. a HP number way over that 200 HP benchmark are acheivable with merely a tune &... a couple additional goodies bring in on even higher!

There is a Factory price difference of approximately 5 thousand dollars between the R & the RR so.. Ya, there are some things.

5 Large is a lot of money for a measly 23 HP! But shee-it, I went for it!
I was asking myself,..
'Who wants to be second best man?'
I don't think anybody does but yet, some still get bargained into it don't they?
Yup!
Go big or go home 😀

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2020 x3 rs r max. It has 172 hp. Is there a way to change it over to 195hp? I understand there are plenty of aftermarket options but I'm looking for an oem type upgrade. Thanks.
It’s easy to turn up the stock machine hp with a simple tune. However you sacrifice reliability. Better to do a milder tune with supporting hardware. Ie exhaust, cat delete, injectors and intercooler if you want it to last.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts